Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2009 model would be the best model. It has rainsense and AFM. The 2011 is the same engine as the 2009 except now the 2011 can reverse in EV mode. I like the 2009 because of the 3.4 final drive ratio which is good for acceleration and towing. They are both rated at 8100 lbs like the regular gas models. The 2011 is not flex fuel according to a GM engineer I know but if the 2011 has a yellow gas cap then it's flex fuel. Even though you might not want to use E90, the fuel line of a flex fuel is more corrosion resistant than a non flex fuel. But not sure if the 2011 is flex fuel. The 2009 has a nav disk while the 2011 is hard drive. My nav was replaced under warranty at 90k miles because the disc was taking time to read. The hybrids have 8 years 100k mile warranty on hybrid components not the nav. A cheaper priced hybrid would be my choice and it gives you room for expense. The battery should last 300k miles.

·
Registered
Cadillac
25 Posts
thanks for the comparison, i find that info VERY useful. I don't mind the EV mode, thats moot in my eyes. how did you manage to get warranty for the nav (was that extended?. i read that flex fuel isn't as efficient? is that true? you don't get 1 for 1 performance....AKA decreased gas mileage?

finally i know in the 09, there is no USB input, is that something that can be redone/using newer parts or just opt for 3rd party products?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
big.eds said:
thanks for the comparison, i find that info VERY useful. I don't mind the EV mode, thats moot in my eyes. how did you manage to get warranty for the nav (was that extended?. i read that flex fuel isn't as efficient? is that true? you don't get 1 for 1 performance....AKA decreased gas mileage? finally i know in the 09, there is no USB input, is that something that can be redone/using newer parts or just opt for 3rd party products?
The 2011 is not flex fuel unless I'm mistaken. There is no USB connection for the 09 but I used an AV connector to 30 pin or lightning on my iPhone then powered by cigarette lighter in the rear aux connection to play music watch videos, etc. the good thing about the my 09, it has 6 disc changer in front.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Punmax said:
Evois, did your Hybrid give you any engine problems?
It never did have any engine problems. Though the fuel pump died at 183k miles. After it was replaced, the dealer also misdiagnosed it as a hybrid battery instead of the actual fuel pump hence the hybrid 300V was replaced as well. After calling GM corporate, they gave me a GM credit if $3000.00 which I used to pay the platinum. I traded the hybrid because it was at 195k miles but it didn't have any problems. If they low balled me, I would have kept it but they gave me a good trade in value.

·
Registered
Cadillac
25 Posts
i opted for a 2009 over a 2011 for the drive ratio reasoning alone. i test drove the 2011 and it felt slightly more sluggish than the 2009. overall I'm very happy i opted for the 2009 for the simple reason is the owner took incredible care over the vehicle providing me record after record and so forth. Also, i reviewed the hybrid battery was replaced at 80k similarly to your situation (misdiagnosis). very very happy and now i just love pissing off everyone driving in battery mode...LOL

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
big.eds said:
i opted for a 2009 over a 2011 for the drive ratio reasoning alone. i test drove the 2011 and it felt slightly more sluggish than the 2009. overall I'm very happy i opted for the 2009 for the simple reason is the owner took incredible care over the vehicle providing me record after record and so forth. Also, i reviewed the hybrid battery was replaced at 80k similarly to your situation (misdiagnosis). very very happy and now i just love pissing off everyone driving in battery mode...LOL
I feel like the 2009 hybrid has more torque from 75-100mph vs my 2015 platinum with 8 speed. Btw my hybrid battery was replaced at 183k miles. So the new owner of my hybrid has a surprise in his hand with a brand new 300v hybrid battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts