Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Escalade Premium
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum members. I've searched the web for headlight assembly's for my escalade and not found my answer. I'm curious to know if the 2014, headlight assembly that was redesigned will fit on my 2011? Does anyone else know or has anyone else done this? We just purchased our Escalade last month. Love it, but I'd like to upgrade them as I like the looks better. If this can be done, does anyone know of a great source to find these assembly's outside of a dealership where we'll pay the good old "dealership premium." Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance and thanks for checking out my inquiry.

·
Registered
2011 Escalade Premium
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no difference in the 2011 to 2014? They are all the same, unless you're talking about the LED version?
A ha! Perhaps that's the difference? Ours has the single HID light near the bottom. I saw an Escalade today with multiple lights arranged vertically today. Is that the LED version you're speaking of?? Thank you for helping with this clarification. Very helpful!

----------

This article was written in 2008:
http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/business/index.ssf/2008/10/simply_illuminating_cadillac_i.html

Let's HOPE the price has decreased considerably, because $3000 isn't going to be worth it. Ha!!

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
Yes, that's the LED version. Long story short, do not try to upgrade and integrate them in your truck. They do look cool, but they also put out less Lumen than the stock HIDs.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
I read somewhere in this forum it's a PAIN to do this swap. It's not plug and play like you'd think. I believe it requires more than just the headlights (different ballast I believe). When it's all said and done it'll cost around $2k doing the conversion, yourself (not having someone else do it). Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
2011 Escalade Premium
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'll just stick with what we've got. Thanks to your information guys. Too much $$ and work. I appreciate the help!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts