Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now on my third diff for 2011 coupe w/ 120K miles. Not going with another OE junk. What is the solution? Saw GForce Performance Engineering has after market. Has anyone tried this fix? Caddy screwed us on the engineering of this model.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V Long Roof; '10 CTS Long Roof, now serving the Coast Guard; '16 ATS-V Sedan
13,888 Posts
Proper gear oil and proper level?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Wagon-Raven Black, manual, satin graphite wheels
421 Posts
There's the G Force 9 inch and I believe Creative Steel has an 8.8.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V Long Roof; '10 CTS Long Roof, now serving the Coast Guard; '16 ATS-V Sedan
13,888 Posts
Cadillac dealers put the first 2 in, so I would hope they put in proper oil and correct level.
And the same logic would apply to the factory as well, but that thought sure was wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now on my third diff for 2011 coupe w/ 120K miles. Not going with another OE junk. What is the solution? Saw GForce Performance Engineering has after market. Has anyone tried this fix? Caddy screwed us on the engineering of this model.
Just trying to do some research on this car before buying it.... Please tell me any issues you know of

·
Registered
13,888 Posts
Supercharger replaced? Rear diff may or may not be an issue. Other than that these are rock solid rides

·
Registered
421 Posts
Too big of a deal is made about the diff fill level. There is a tolerance to the fill level and the plug is at the max of the tolerance. Being under the fill plug doesn't mean it is under filled.

As far as the supercharger, most cars are still under the extended warranty. You can contact a dealer with a VIN and find out how much time is left on the warranty if it hasn't been replaced. Or if the replacement status is unknown they could tell you that too.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just trying to do some research on this car before buying it.... Please tell me any issues you know of
3 differentials is a huge problem. My supercharger was replaced, but under warranty so at no cost. But if you are looking at a 2011 model, you want to make sure these items have been swapped out at least once with new parts. They are expensive components.

·
Registered
421 Posts
A 2011 under 120k miles is still under warranty for the blower. It doesn't matter if the diff hasn't been replaced, it still can be. If in doubt on the 10 year part, call a dealer, give them the VIN and they can tell you if it is still under the special coverage or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts