Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I saw something similar on an older thread but I couldn't find it. When I am going around a bend, at roughly 25-35 mph, I hear all these creek noises around the buttons for radio. Sometimes I'll push the Chrome plastic and Hear the creeking, which can be understandable because its trim pieces, but inside? While I am just turning around a bend? I am going to dealer for oil change soon.. what do you think they should do? Remove the trim and make sure everything is tight below? I have a 11 CTS AWD Performance /w Nav.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
Many of us have disassembled the console and center stack and applied friction tape. I also inserted wood blocks between the console and the rear vent ducts, which added a lot of support to it and eliminated squeaks.

·
Registered
CTS4 3.6DI, Black
120 Posts
No discernable squeaks from the upper console as you describe so far in my 2010. I am having issues with squeak from the lower console (between the seats) during a turn as my leg pushes against it that are getting frustratingly annoying. I'm seriously considering the "wood block" technique, if I get brave enough to try and dissassemble the console.

-dolynick

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the input. What i noticed for the first time, and I hope someone else can confirm this: When I push the trim on the driver side right under the air vents that touches the trim around the wheel, it doesn't even budge. On the passenger side where the trim that rides under the air vents down to the pax controls for temperature, it moves and out at most 1". A lot of play. I listened closely and all the squeeks and sounds come from that right side where its loose. I guess if anyone can let me know if their center console trim was like that too? Doesn't budge at all by driver side, but pax side has a ton of play.

I might have to try the friction tape. I have a service this friday, so I might as well let the dealer reseat the trim so if they crack anything its on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts