Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I suspect a fuse is blown 'cause I can still open the trunk with the key fob.

Looking at the owner's manual, it says the fuse to open trunk is located in the rear; specifically fuse number 11.

So, I go back there and the fuse box I have is completely different than what's in the manual.

See attached for what my box looks like. NOTE: that's just a pic I took off the web. Mine has more fuses in there. Seems like this guy is missing actual fuses for some reason.

The second image is what's in my owner's manual.

DSC04957.jpg
owners manual.jpg

So, can anyone tell me which fuse is number 11 for releasing the rear trunk door?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6DI
27 Posts
If the key fob still opens the trunk, but the button on the driver's door (or the trunk lid switch) does not, I would think that the fuse is working properly. The button on the driver's door (or the trunk lid switch) may be bad. Both are very inexpensive and easy to replace. I've replaced both of mine, the door switch had quit working and the trunk lid switch cover was torn by the previous owner (but still worked). All three activate the same motor and therefore go through the same fuse for power.

·
Registered
CTS DI
11 Posts
From looking at that diagram, note that the relays shown on the left are actually BEHIND the fuses, facing the opposite direction. You'd have to remove about 3 screws holding the entire assembly to the body in order to get to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts