Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,417 Posts
Reactions: Long

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
OK that was funny.

I don't understand hor running at a fast idle when the fan speeds are electric and will not increase with engine RPMs. Or is it that the compressor, which Will run faster with the engine what we are trying to look at...

BTW it is topped off with R134a, so I'll check that the next chance I get, probably Fri afternoon.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,856 Posts
what was the make of freon you use? Some places use propane, not freon. does it say explosive on the can?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I ONLY use R134a in all the cars, even the 1968, which was converted from R12 in 2013.

BTW it's refrigerant. Freon was a DuPont trademark name for R12 CFC.

Reactions: tinman

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,417 Posts

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
3,085 Posts
Almost any compressible gas can be used as a refrigerant, just CFCs are better than most and inexpensive. R-12 and R-22 are no-nos now, R134A and R410A are current. There are others.

FYI R410A is a zeotropic but near-azeotropic mixture of difluoromethane and pentafluoroethane, R134A is a hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) and haloalkane refrigerant . Both are now considered nasty so stock up.

·
Registered
15,417 Posts
Almost any compressible gas can be used as a refrigerant, just CFCs are better than most and inexpensive. R-12 and R-22 are no-nos now, R134A and R410A are current. There are others.

FYI R410A is a zeotropic but near-azeotropic mixture of difluoromethane and pentafluoroethane, R134A is a hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) and haloalkane refrigerant . Both are now considered nasty so stock up.
Sure, and if we all band together and throw down some serious shekels we can get a corner and control of the market. We can control the world!

Reactions: Long

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

The dufuses in the EU already have R134a on their SH!T list. That's why there have been other refrigerants being used recently.

The boss lady had it today (it is her car), she didn't complain about it not cooling the air, but the temps dropped 10-15 deg F here since ysterday.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
She had it out again today. No complaints, but it's been a little cooler outside - only goes up into the low-mid 80s now. I'll have to sit in it on a hot day.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts