Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,

I just bought this vehicle used with 33k miles about, yes, 3 weeks ago, and it started making this AWFUL creaking noise when I press the brakes. Finally took it to a service center and they said BOTH lower control arm bushings need replaced????? 1000 bucks. I am so upset. Has anyone else had to do this at such low miles????

-Wes

·
Registered
CTS 2011
29 Posts
I have 25k on my 2011, no such issue. I would at least jake it up in the front. Letting the suspension hang. If the control arms have play you should be able to feel moving the wheels. I would check the brakes also.

·
Registered
Too many cars to list...
191 Posts
Isn't your car still under bumper 2 bumper warranty? Bushings going bad so early are not common with these cars, you may have just gotten a bad set from the factory? If your car is a AWD have the check the transfer case output seal, these commonly leak from age and mileage and should be covered under powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,143 Posts
Any kind of warranty? Dealer should work with you, no question.

·
Registered
2011 CTS 3.0 AWD Lux
43 Posts
Yes I did, same mileage car and year, but mine is still under warranty though. They replaced control arms and bushings.

12,778 Posts
HI All,

I just bought this vehicle used with 33k miles about, yes, 3 weeks ago, and it started making this AWFUL creaking noise when I press the brakes. Finally took it to a service center and they said BOTH lower control arm bushings need replaced????? 1000 bucks. I am so upset. Has anyone else had to do this at such low miles????

-Wes
Good Evening Wes,

Congratulations on your recent purchase, but I certainly understand your feelings towards this unexpected repair. I am more than happy to look further into this situation if you would like to send me a PM. Have a great evening and I will be looking for your message.

Kind Regards,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts