Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just purchased a 2011 CTS coupe, a dream, Just wondering about the navigation system. don't have a manual for Nav. and having trouble getting used to what commands can be used. I saw online that I could download a copy for about $10, is that the way to go? also don't think the Nav has been updated in awhile what is the best way to do that. Thanks anyone. Fivwood

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,794 Posts
as far as the Cadillac Nav manual the help screen will tell you all.

The 2011 cadillac Nav is out dated. Cadillac offers an up date disc but that is about 5 years old.
There is talk on this site about a company called NAVtool at navtool.com they have some items that will allow you to use your phone and it connects to the NAV 8" screen in the car to use google maps live. give them a call.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,968 Posts
Can obtain many manuals for free from
https://my.gm.com/home but may have to create an account.
Can find service manuals on CD at eBay.

Agree about the NavTool, it is the best answer but is about $425.00 if you mention the forum.

My feeling about the factory GPS is the touchscreen is great but the nav is an On-Star revenue generator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I was hoping to not using my Garmin with lifetime updates but guess I can put it on windshield above the built in one and watch the portable. I'm used to it.

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,626 Posts
The factory one isn't entirely useless. Most city streets have been unchanged, so it can still plot a route.

I use it mainly to home in on an area that I haven't been to in a while and will plot a route only if absolutely necessary. Then again I'm an Army officer with good map and navigation skills so unless it's a spaghetti street layout, I can usually find where I need to go.

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,626 Posts
Dup post please delete or tell me how to do so.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,968 Posts
Only an admin can delete. Be glad edit is back.
It seems to post twice occasionally particularly if leave open for a while.
"an Army officer" keep moving or you will get painted.

·
Registered
2012 Silver Perf Coupe awd ; 2013 Silver Premium Coupe- awd: currently 2012 Premium Coupe -awd
310 Posts
Thanks, I was hoping to not using my Garmin with lifetime updates but guess I can put it on windshield above the built in one and watch the portable. I'm used to it.
I have nav with a Garmin 7" mounted on top of it [custom mount]- lifetime maps and voice command.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts