Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I was searching for this but sorry I didn't find the info yet.. I noticed that the lights on my 11' (Adaptive HID) are aimed at different levels. The Passenger side is a tad higher (at about 4 feet from a garage door, about 3" higher) than the Driver side. At a distance, you see the light spread extend out way more on the passenger side than driver. WHat I was curious was .. which is the right level. I prefer the passenger side level, and I don't blind anyone. I think maybe the drivers side is a bit lower. Is there any info on how many turns or notches the light adjustment knob must be turned to for factory settings?

·
Registered
14 CTS Vsport Black Tricoat/black, 16 Escalade Premium Lux Gray on Kona.
544 Posts
That is normal so you don't blind oncoming traffic... Almost all cars have the passenger side slightly higher. You'll notice in Europe its the opposite since the drivers side is on the right.
Left = lower to not blind traffic
Right = higher so you can see the shoulder.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is normal so you don't blind oncoming traffic... Almost all cars have the passenger side slightly higher. You'll notice in Europe its the opposite since the drivers side is on the right.
Oh thats interesting.. I can't believe I didn't know that. So in general, all our cars here are the same? I thought it was misaligned or something. Thanks for the info.

This post has instructions on how to check/adjust the vertical alignment, be advised there's some "smart aleck" responses laced in it. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...l-discussion/212628-headlight-adjustment.html .

Thanks I'm going to check it out.

·
Registered
14 CTS Vsport Black Tricoat/black, 16 Escalade Premium Lux Gray on Kona.
544 Posts
It's pretty normal. though 3" off at 4ft is a more than I'd say. Mine's 3" off from about 10ft back. From 4ft it should be close to even.

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,695 Posts
Drive on the left side is Only in Great Britain, not the rest of Europe.

·
Registered
2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on
531 Posts
Must be fun when Brits go east and continentals go to the UK, being cursed for blinding oncoming traffic.
:rant2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts