Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man what a fiasco. I lost my car key. Its a remote start. I had zero access.Called AAA and the guy just scratched his head...I couldn't do anything. Security wouldn't allow the doors to open from the inside either. So the tow guy says..geez what if your battery died. Then I remembered a story bout a guy who died in his Corvette because his battery died. Corvettes and Cadillac's with the touch handles have a lever on the floor to maually open it. Bingo I was in. I was fortunate to have one extra trunk key.. I ended up buying 4 different remotes before getting the right one. If this happens to you, at least make sure you have a back up trunk key. You also need it to program the new key. For those in need the correct part number is GM 25943676. Again if you only have one remote..get a keyblank cut as backup solution.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
AAA uses independents so depending on who you get for a problem like this, taking care of the lost remote/key may not be a problem except for any necessary parts like the correct remote. In my case the rep used info contained in the PCM to program a Valet key turning it into a master key.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts