Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Deville, 2004 Cadillac DTS, 2011 CTS AWD Coupe
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Its been a while since I posted here. My 65k mi 2011 CTS Coupe is experiencing a very squeaky front left, thinking control arms or bushings. Not sure if its the strut (how can I tell?). I have a CPO (not bumper to bumper) and the dealer wants to charge just to look at it. They will cover it if it ends up being under warranty. Since I may be selling/trading it in soon, I am wondering if you guys had some experience with this problem and could offer advice.

Thanks!

=gts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi All,

Its been a while since I posted here. My 65k mi 2011 CTS Coupe is experiencing a very sneaky front left, thinking control arms or bushings. Not sure if its the strut (how can I tell?). I have a CPO (not bumper to bumper) and the dealer wants to charge just to look at it. They will cover it if it ends up being under warranty. Since I may be selling/trading it in soon, I am wondering if you guys had some experience with this problem and could offer advice.

Thanks!

=gts
Have someone work the fender up and down in an effort to recreate the noise while you place an ear as close to the wheel as you can get.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,184 Posts
If you're going to bail out soon, don't spend the money unless it's a safety issue, of course. First try what douger suggested and take it from there.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Deville, 2004 Cadillac DTS, 2011 CTS AWD Coupe
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So while listening to that...how can I tell if its strut or something else? If it squeaks while pushing up and down, that means its a strut right?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,184 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts