Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
CTS Performance
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a kit and mount to flush mount my ipad for navigation and music etc.

My question is how do I get the cleanest signal to my factory headunit?

If I order a used onstar bluetooth module, will that only work for taking calls? or can you play music through bluetooth also?

I'd like to retain steering wheel controls and want whatever provides the cleanest sound.

Is there any universal kits that you guys have used that retain steering wheel controls etc?

How many custom installs are on here? Anybody else done this or thought about it?

Anyone sourced a motorized pop up nav for a one off design? Looking forward to reading the replies.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
The cleanest and best method is USB. Bluetooth is convenient but sonically compromised. You want to use the DAC in the head unit which is probably better than the internal DAC in the ipod, so no mini pin connection.

I vote USB.

Shakey

·
Registered
CTS Coupe Performance Stick
1,013 Posts
This is so far over my head I'd need a long step ladder to even ask you to explain it. :highfive:

Could you please post some pictures when done?

·
Registered
CTS Performance
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cleanest and best method is USB. Bluetooth is convenient but sonically compromised. You want to use the DAC in the head unit which is probably better than the internal DAC in the ipod, so no mini pin connection.

I vote USB.

Shakey
I don't have a usb or bluetooth on my car. It has the bose system but no usb input on it, only the 3.5 mm aux input in the glove box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts