Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, i recently purchased a 2011 CTS Coupe, 3.6 Di with 40k miles, it has the CTS V 19" Rims and the ride feels very hard!, i took it to the shop and i was told all struts and shocks were busted!, because they lowered the car by replacing springs and leaving same struts and shocks, they also added a small spacer in the rear, car looks good, but i would like to make the ride as softt as possible, what do you guys recommend? I asked for the oem parts they are very expensive to get all Struts and Shocks and Springs from AC Delco, is there another brand i can purchase? I was told in Auto Zone the 11 coupe and Sedan show they use same Struts and Shocks, and that i could get a Gabriel Ultra brand for a very low price, do sedan and coupe really use same struts?? I also plan to get bigger sidewall tires to make it more soft. Thanks any advice helps, i dont want to spend so much, i have the Performance pckg, i believe its F3 Suspension, i dont plan on racing, i want the Smoothest ride i can possibly get, thanks

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 Premium & 2012 SRX4 Luxury
604 Posts
It would be very expensive to undo the work the previous owner did, as it seems they wanted the car to have a firmer ride. Sounds like you would be happier with a base FE1 suspension car with 17" or 18" wheels. Rather than change shocks, springs, wheels and tires, it might be cheaper to sell that car and buy what you really want?

·
Registered
2008 CTS
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan to keep rims and tires i may change in the future, my main concern is the Springs replace to regular Height and Struts and shocks, i like the rims and wheels, and the coupe design i dont plan selling it and buying a sedan, which is what i had before. I just need assistance on finding the oem springs and struts and shocks, or if anyone knows a company or brand that makes them so i may save money, i really need to know i just got paid and i need to replace them, thanks for the help any comments help

----------

is250sp said:
Check your local junkyards for parts
Do you know if the sedan and coupe springs and shocks and struts are the same?

·
Registered
2008 CTS
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is250sp said:
It should be the same. You may want to call a Caddy parts department to confirm.

I called apparently the Spring coils are the same, do any of you all recommend a website to purchase them? I want Oem or similar to Oem.

As far as struts i have F3 suspension can i put F1 suspension Struts? For example regular Cts?, will they fit?

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD (sold)
823 Posts
rockauto, gmpartsdirect, or contact a forum member Rippy Parts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,149 Posts
Rippy parts at Rippy Cadillac. Forum member and quite helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts