Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no one answered my ? so I try again. anybody no where the clicking sound is coming, maybe center dash area. goes away when I hit the passenger switch for climate control.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,262 Posts
passenger button.....do you mean the button on the HVAC? I would bet you have an issue with your blend door. What car do you have? A V? What year?

Reactions: silversport

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,262 Posts
Blend door issue.

Reactions: silversport

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,301 Posts
From your description the most common and notorious clicking source in the dash is from the mode door actuator, which is also the most expensive to repair in regards to the clicking noise. It's located on the passenger side. You would need to remove the bottom dash panel and likely the glove box to reach up and unplug it to see if the noise stops to confirm it. The passenger temp control actuator will be the first one you see on that side before getting to the mode actuator higher up inside the center of the dash.

As tinman pointed out, it may also be a blend door issue in regards to the one sided defrost, considering the existence of an earlier thread mentioning a similar problem with the defrost issue in the absence of any clicking noise.

You may have a proverbial two headed "snake" in the dash as both would require disassembly of the dash. I could be wrong about the blend door as it may be linked to the clicking actuator which may be clicking and malfunctioning in terms of reaching the set position. None the less, the blend doors are available as replacement parts to suggest failure is a possibility.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
passenger button.....do you mean the button on the HVAC? I would bet you have an issue with your blend door. What car do you have? A V? What year?
its a 2011 cts coupe..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From your description the most common and notorious clicking source in the dash is from the mode door actuator, which is also the most expensive to repair in regards to the clicking noise. It's located on the passenger side. You would need to remove the bottom dash panel and likely the glove box to reach up and unplug it to see if the noise stops to confirm it. The passenger temp control actuator will be the first one you see on that side before getting to the mode actuator higher up inside the center of the dash.

As tinman pointed out, it may also be a blend door issue in regards to the one sided defrost, considering the existence of an earlier thread mentioning a similar problem with the defrost issue in the absence of any clicking noise.

You may have a proverbial two headed "snake" in the dash as both would require disassembly of the dash. I could be wrong about the blend door as it may be linked to the clicking actuator which may be clicking and malfunctioning in terms of reaching the set position. None the less, the blend doors are available as replacement parts to suggest failure is a possibility.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thankyou for the help. this weekend I will look into remove the g/box and see if I can get my head up to look see, yes I did see the earlier post on d/frost problems. im still new to this site, and find it a great help.

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,301 Posts
thankyou for the help. this weekend I will look into remove the g/box and see if I can get my head up to look see, yes I did see the earlier post on d/frost problems. im still new to this site, and find it a great help.
This should help you stick your head up the right hole, no pun intended;

1 - 13 of 13 Posts