Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2011 CTS Coupe AWD Steering Noise

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MTL_CTS 
#1 ·
The car is just out of warranty, however, I did get the extended warranty which I may opt to use if I cannot fix this myself. The issue is somewhat more prominent when it is cold, as occurs at low speed when (usually) turning the wheel from full lock, sometimes it will occur when beginning a turn also. It is a sort of "gear" noise. I have attached a video of the issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoFrkgha84w

Let me know what you think, or if you have ever had this same noise before..

-Adam

#2 ·
No insight here, just wanted to add in that my '09 makes a similar noise (though not nearly as severe) when maneuvering at low speeds as well. I mentioned it to my dealer during an inspection and they said they "didn't find anything they were concerned with." I'm going to ask my mechanic about it at some point and get it fixed -- it almost feels like the steering wheel isn't catching with the column in my case but I'm probably wrong.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Just wanted to share because I had this exact issue w my 2011 coupe... which was out of warranty

The problem is the upper intermediate steering shaft.
I tried lubing it but the noise was not going away.
Brought it to the dealer and they made the repair
Parts and labor was only 360$ or so ;)

Now the steering is dead quiet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.