Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I purchased a 2011 Cts Coupe (3.6l rwd). I installed new spark plugs and ignition coils. During the installation I noticed that the spark plug on the driver side rear cylinder had oil covered on the end of the plug. I am not sure how long the previous owner had been driving the car in this condition, could this issue have a long causing effect with the reliability of the engine after it's been repaired? What may have caused this problem? Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
Welcome and congrats on your purchase.

Oil on plugs can occur when the gasket surrounding the plug well dries out and allows oil to infiltrate.
Replacing the gaskets should eliminate the condition and I wouldn't personally lose too much sleep worrying about any long term effects.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome and congrats on your purchase.

Oil on plugs can occur when the gasket surrounding the plug well dries out and allows oil to infiltrate.
Replacing the gaskets should eliminate the condition and I wouldn't personally lose too much sleep worrying about any long term effects.
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate your expertise in regard to the issue at hand. I will keep you updated, have a great day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts