1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 cts coupe 3.6 AWD - white diamond
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

a few questions...
1)will an OEM cts v coupe hood be a direct bolt on replacement for my stock hood? Will it line up, will it fit, do i need any extra parts, etc? the part# I am getting for the v-hood from GM is 22789397
2)are there any side view mirrors that have blind spot assist available as replacements for the stock ones? If I order v-coupe mirrors which have the blind spot assist, will they work? will they fit on without a problem? same thing goes for ordering 2012 OEM mirrors that have blind spot assist...will they fit my 2011 and will the wiring be the same to allow for it to work?
3)lastly, my backup camera system has the ultrasonic assist, but the actual picture doesnt have the "track" outline that the car is taking, making it impossible to determine if you are going to hit something as you are backing up. Is there a software update or something available for this or would you have to instal an aftermarket camera?

Thanks...Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday!

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,467 Posts
Hey all,

a few questions...
1)will an OEM cts v coupe hood be a direct bolt on replacement for my stock hood? Will it line up, will it fit, do i need any extra parts, etc? the part# I am getting for the v-hood from GM is 22789397

I believe that Michael at Dell did just that with no problems.

2)are there any side view mirrors that have blind spot assist available as replacements for the stock ones? If I order v-coupe mirrors which have the blind spot assist, will they work? will they fit on without a problem? same thing goes for ordering 2012 OEM mirrors that have blind spot assist...will they fit my 2011 and will the wiring be the same to allow for it to work?

I doubt they will work unless for some reason Cadillac decided to include that wiring in the harness on all cars. Highly doubtful, but I cannot say with authority.

3)lastly, my backup camera system has the ultrasonic assist, but the actual picture doesnt have the "track" outline that the car is taking, making it impossible to determine if you are going to hit something as you are backing up. Is there a software update or something available for this or would you have to instal an aftermarket camera?

Dunno.

Thanks...Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts