Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac cts 3.6 Awd sports sedan 2011
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this forum.wish everybody a happy new year.the problem I need
Some good advice on is that the electronics of my car have all shut down..the car is completely lifeless!! The remote key does not unlock or lock the car..I got into the car using the usual key provided with remote.. The ignition switch refuses to turn !!the Cadillac dealers are closed for the holidays and I'll be stranded for a week!!has the car gone into some safety shutdown mode or some anti theft mode??? The car
is pretty new and has 5000 miles on it.cant imagine what could go wrong..please
Help!!!

·
Registered
CTS4 Wagon
83 Posts
Hi Fatboy===>Did you check the battery as well as the cable connections to the battery? Try cleaning the clamps and battery posts with baking soda+h20 if the battery checks out ok....good luck and Happy New Year to you!

·
Premium Member
'11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package
1,547 Posts
I guess calling OnStar is out of the question....

Does sound like a dead battery to me.

12,821 Posts
Fatboy7867,

Are you really writing in from Russia? :) If so, we can get you information on how to connect with customer service from your region.

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
Cadillac cts 3.6 Awd sports sedan 2011
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes ladies i'm really writing from Moscow!! I did get in touch with Cadillac and they want me to lift/tow the car to them..won't give any advice over the phone..damn dealers are always ready to cash in on your
suffering..still haven't checked the battery..too busy with new year partying..

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts