Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just leased a brand new 2011 CTS sedan with premiun package.
I noticed every time I hit the gas pedal there is little vibration that embraces also the steering wheel and the shiftstick.
The vibration is stronger if the A/C is on.

Can you advice me if this is a known problem, if there is a fix?

thx

·
Registered
2009 CTS w/Manual Transmission
7 Posts
Good news is your under warranty. Since its occurs mainly under load I would suspect the drive shaft as the first suspect. Is this an AWD drive? A bad CV joint could also cause this and transmit up to the steering wheel. No use trying to diagnose it via the Internet, take it down to the dealer and have them scope it.

·
Registered
CTS
1 Posts
I leased a 2011 CTS Sedan (3.0L, AWD) about a month and a half ago and noticed right away that the shift knob had a pretty consistent vibration, especially around 35 mph. After going back and forth with the dealer, I was finally told that GM was aware of the problem, but because it hadn't affected a large number of cars (yet) they were going to fix the issue on the '12s. Thankfully, the dealer got through to the right people and I was able to have a 2012 shifter delivered to the dealer and installed on my car. Though there is still some slight vibration, the problem essentially went away. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS Coupe
82 Posts
Did the dealer give you any trouble about replacing this under the warranty? I notice the same rattle/vibration on my shifter and would like to have it corrected. Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
CTS
37 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2008 CTS. Just took it to the dealer and they say it's not that bad and the only thing they can do is an update to the ECM, but it will affect the fuel mileage and could make the problem worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts