Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I’ve installed a Sony ax3000 radio, it was fine for a day or two. Now when I’m driving my radio shuts off and all my gauges drop to zero, along with service ac system/ service airbag and service tpsm.... any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,489 Posts
The original HU was programmed with that car's VIN and was part of the TheftLock, content theft (security) and serial data bus systems. Replacing the original HU requires special jumpers and harnesses in order to retain data bus info and some warnings and steering wheel button functions. You may have lost a slew of functions.

Talk to the guys at Crutchfield.

Have the car scanned at a parts store. Use this link to amplify any codes found and their descriptions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay man, I’ll try that out, I ordered the dash kit with harnesses and all through Metra obviously, I just wish they would’ve given more information about trouble shooting. Thank you.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,489 Posts
Give it your best shot with the troubleshooting by Crutchfield..

"through Metra obviously" does not apply to most sound system "upgrades" in these forums - many are true hack jobs that require major surgery and the service manual wiring diagrams to repair.

Good luck and welcome to the Funny Farm !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts