Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS 3.0
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night as I was driving my traction control light came on and I lost power. I pulled over and waited for 10 minutes and started it back up. Went home with engine light on. I took my car to Autozone and they said it was a failed TPS or electrical issue. I went back home and my
engine light went off. Autozone didn't reset it. I'm not a savvy car guy but I also called the dealership and they said they wanted $500 to
replace the throttle body and sensor as they are 1. Could this just be dirty or a bad connection? The dealer doesn't think so. Anyone have this issue and what have you done?

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
This should be covered by the Federal emissions warranty. Look in your owners manual and find out how long it lasts. I had mine replaced under warranty, but I was still under the bumper to bumper warranty. Do some searches on the internet of Federal Emissions Warranty.

Good Luck, Marv

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,818 Posts
I had issues with my CEL coming on. I had it reset at the dealer twice. The third time I was leaving for a 5 hour trip and it came on again that morning. Long story short, I had my throttle body replaced for $500. End of CEL. Now, whether or not this pertains to the same problem or it is mere anecdotal I am not sure, but I am just trying to give you additional information FWIW.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,359 Posts
If it is indeed the throttle body that needs replaced, you could look at the vendors on the forum that offer a ported TB...it would be cheaper than the dealer, especially if you're going to pay wither way.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,818 Posts
If it is indeed the throttle body that needs replaced, you could look at the vendors on the forum that offer a ported TB...it would be cheaper than the dealer, especially if you're going to pay wither way.
I completely agree.

I was pissed that I needed to do this "same day" as I had to go to Atlanta and did not have the luxury of time on my side to swap my TB out.

·
Registered
14,818 Posts
Did you read post #5?

If you are not comfortable removing and replacing your own tb, then disregard this post. The independent shops costing more than the stealerships is surprising.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
A quick look up on gmpartsdirect.com shows the throttle body (including TPS) for a 2011 CTS 3.0 online price of $148.67, MSRP $285.90.
Is the dealerships price a rip off? Heck yes.
It is very easy to replace your own tb. Takes less than 20 minutes to do and no special tools. Be happy to walk you through it.

Part# is 12616994

·
Registered
2011 CTS 3.0
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really? OK, I'm not mechanically inclined but if can assure me that you can walk me through it. I just dont know if I need it to be reprogrammed or not by a computer. Does anyone else know?

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,359 Posts
Get ready, it's like 4 bolts and no rocket science involved. vfan will get you going.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts