Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. Here's my rendition of what I'd like a new full-size flagship to look like. I suck, but here it is...

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 2001 Cadillac XLS (STS/DTS Replacement)

Edited... Had to add in that fender whatever they're putting on all the Caddys now...

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To add to my, "Oh, my Gosh! It's so amazing!" rendition of what I'd like, I think I want to add that these are not actually suicide doors. The rear doors are mini-van like (oh, shut up!) and open fully and automatically for easy entry and exit...

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen, the 2011 Cadillac Phantomperial!

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1998 CADILLAC STS
179 Posts
Sal:

I like your flagship concept, simply because it's an American interpretation of Rolls Royce! Before Cadillac I was always smitten with the British imports having owned a Jaguar XJS, and a Land Rover. :halo:

In the last several weeks I have again become re-acquainted with Jaguar, and I have been toying with the idea of getting a 2008 XJR. My Local Cadillac Dealership has the CTS, and I have been invited to come in for a test drive. I did passed by on my way home late 08/28 evening, after the dealership had closed and looked at the CTS, parked outside (they had several), while better looking than the outgoing one, I think for my height and frame, it's not the right size for me, so...I am not at all interested!

It's not only in Texas that they grow em tall...I want a car I can fit in and drive comfortably and safely. Maybe by 2012 I'll be in the market again for another Cadillac, we'll see.:thumbsup:

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sal:

I like your flagship concept, simply because it's an American interpretation of Rolls Royce! Before Cadillac I was always smitten with the British imports having owned a Jaguar XJS, and a Land Rover. :halo:

In the last several weeks I have again become re-acquainted with Jaguar, and I have been toying with the idea of getting a 2008 XJR. My Local Cadillac Dealership has the CTS, and I have been invited to come in for a test drive. I did passed by on my way home late 08/28 evening, after the dealership had closed and looked at the CTS, parked outside (they had several), while better looking than the outgoing one, I think for my height and frame, it's not the right size for me, so...I am not at all interested!

It's not only in Texas that they grow em tall...I want a car I can fit in and drive comfortably and safely. Maybe by 2012 I'll be in the market again for another Cadillac, we'll see.:thumbsup:
Thanks. That's what it was meant to be.. An American interpretation of the Rolls Royce Phantom. Chrysler did a bad job by not having a "Chrysler" front-end and rear-end. My version looks like a DeVille from the front and back with an square-ish cabin and unique sides...

I guess the XJR is the biggest Jaguar available?

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont know if its me but dont you think the front should be a little bit longer to make room for the 12 cylinders? looks verv good, what software did you use?
Well, I'm not a firm believer in the v12 yet.. Cadillac needs to get their v8 competitive (again) first.. Plus, I think more people would be interested in a large car than a large gas guzzler.. I really just don't see what all the hype of a v12 is about when you can have the kind of power a Corvette has with a v8. I used Adobe Photoshop. :)

Looks like a baby hearse!
Sort of, I guess. You're not the first one to say that.. It looks like a mixture of old style Cadillac with new, to me...

·
Registered
1998 CADILLAC STS
179 Posts
Again I like the idea of sliding parallel doors. The previous Eldorado had unusually long doors that made parking next to one a major issue. Also those front vents do make the 2008 STS more attractive, and it appears that the new model is also selling better.:)

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just a quick update.. Posted at GM Inside News:

"The DTS/STS replacement remains on schedule for Job 1 in late 2010 with first deliveries in 1Q of 2011. No decision yet on wheher it will be a 2011 (or more likely a 2012) model. The car has grown during development to meet various design and safety issues; it is now near 205" in length, so those of you worried about the car being too small can rest easy; more criticism will be that it is too big. It will be offered with 2 V6 engines and a 5 liter DOHC V8 at introduction. The V6 models ONLY will have AWD available; the AWD V8 has been canned as has the diesel variant and will only be available in RWD. A hybrid will follow in a year or so. The styling remains to be finalized, but is evolving into a bigger CTS and less like the Sixteen as earlier trends had suggested. The final pick should emerge soon.

Discussions continue as to whether the car should cater to the current DTS clients or move into the BMW/MB arena; it seems like it will be more geared to please DTS buyers."

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The latest I'm hearing is that the STS/DTS replacement will favor the sportiness of the STS and that Buick will be bringing the Park Avenue from China as a replacement for the DTS crowd. Honestly, I really don't like that news because it means my favorite Cadillacs will now either be a Lexus LS or a Buick Park Avenue.. I really hope the ultra luxury sedan we hear about will be something like a Mercedes S-Class and nothing like a BMW 7-Series...

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
I did not like that news at all either !

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
So will there be a V8 available or not? As to being "sporty", are we talking BMW sporty or Cadillac sporty? 'Cause I could live with Cadillac sporty.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts