Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
cts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will try to be brief. The issues began when I purchased the car last May, when the check engine light was on and subsequently the computer needed to be replaced by the Dealership that I purchased the car from (was known at time of sale that the light would be diagnosed & fixed). Shortly thereafter I moved (June), had back surgery (July) which is around when check engine lights came back on. I tried to address them when I could elsewhere and got tired of the runaround and took it to a local Cadillac dealer. They gave me different codes then the other mechanics but at least this time I was given a loaner vehicle because they had my car for a week. Then charged $1600 to replace a catalytic converter and remove an airbag code. Low and behold the check engine light came back on a day or two later. Not only that they charged me to diagnose the first time even though they repaired my vehicle so I had to wait to bring it back but I waited to see what was wrong, then they told me that because it was po430 and they replaced the right side last time and now its po420 they wanted to replace the left instead of finding out what was causing it, I told them They wouldnt get another dime (They also charged my CC for gas and never notified me) . I had questioned in the first place whether it should have been under warranty and they wanted another $1500! So now I have an appointment at the original dealership an hour away where they say it isnt under warranty and I will have to pay for my rental. Buying my CTS-V is OUT OF THE QUESTION!!! I will be getting another make. This is apalling. Lesson learned, dont pay cash for a lemon. I think there was only, still is only around 85k miles on my car.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts