Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been posting on another thread, but decided to start a new one...my 3 day old awd cts steers both left, and right with the slightest touch of the gas. it seems like it keeps switching from rear to front drive, and i have to keep my eyes glued to the road at all times. this car is border line dangerous. i called cadillac, and had it at the dealer yesterday, where they checked the alignment, and told me everything was within speck. the tech said that he felt the darting too, but that there was nothing else for him to do. the cad. rep called me this morning, and asked me what i wanted to do, which i replied, replace the car. i cannot see anyone else driving this car thinking it is normal, but has anyone else experienced this problem?

·
Registered
Former owner 2008 CTS
228 Posts
I have a 2008 AWD 3.6DI and have never noticed anything like that, even under full throttle starts. Make them take you out in a different AWD on the lot (or from another dealer if they don't have one) and see if you feel it with that...

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.
337 Posts
I have a 2011 AWD Coupe and have never experienced this.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac Allanté
198 Posts
Good Grief, NO!! Not at all... I've had an '08 and currently a '10 (both AWD); NEVER have had any issues with 'torque steer' (nor, in my '92 Cadillac Allanté, which is front wheel drive, unless I 'stand on it' from a start).

·
Registered
2011 CTS AWD 3.6
69 Posts
Never in my brief experience. I'd start with checking wheels and tires. I'm surprised they didn't put the wheels on the balancer to check.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's not the balance. the steering in any car should have a on center feel. where as the steering wheel wants to stay centered when the car is going straight. my car does not do that. it either wants to go to the left or the right. i have to hold it in the center. so the car wanders (sways) in the lane. if i want to change lanes and give the car a little gas, i will start to overshoot the lane, and have to pull the wheel back. i love this car, and only had it 3 days, but i just can't keep it like this.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
I had a similar but not the exact same problem on my 08 rwd. The car was always loose and would wonder from lane to lane. I could never keep it cenered; however there was no torque steer involved. It turned out that the steering rack was never properly torqued. After that was repaired I never experienced any notice of the problem again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks...i will tell my service mgr. about it. it does sound like my problem. im calling cadillac to talk to my case manager about it. she told me yesterday that i was going to have to bring it back again to let service take another shot at it. telling them i want a different car if this doesn't work.

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,540 Posts
The CTS even in AWD guise is primarily RWD car. There should be absolutely no torque steer. Even under heavy acceleration. As others suggested - try another car from the lot. You might be surprised ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts