Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sportwagon
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 3.6 CTS Wagon gets the worst gas milage! I love this car! Runs great! My only gripe is the milage. Combined highway and city is 15-16mpg (according to instruments) My wife has a 2019 Camero SS with a 455 in it and it gets 22!!! The only thing added is an aftermarket exhaust (magnaflo) What's the secret to punching up the milage? Any mod suggestions? There's got to e a trick???

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
17,989 Posts
New plugs are my first thought. OEM.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon
1,611 Posts
These things are pigs. How much highway vs city driving do you do? I get around 14-15mpg with my wagon but mine rarely makes it onto a highway anymore and is probably 99% "city" driving.

When I had a 90 mile daily commute which was about 60/40 highway/city I would average 18-20mpg. Best I've ever seen was 22-23mpg on an all highway roadtrip.

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
14,178 Posts
My 2011 3.6 CTS Wagon gets the worst gas milage! I love this car! Runs great! My only gripe is the milage. Combined highway and city is 15-16mpg (according to instruments) My wife has a 2019 Camero SS with a 455 in it and it gets 22!!! The only thing added is an aftermarket exhaust (magnaflo) What's the secret to punching up the milage? Any mod suggestions? There's got to e a trick???
The '19 CamAro is not a "455".
Certain trim levels use a 6.2L direct injected V8 which is rated at 455 HP which also utilizes a 10 spd transmission, is over 200 lbs lighter than a CTS wagon and has over a decade more technology built into its platform.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
17,989 Posts
Is yours AWD? That hurts MPG as well.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sportwagon
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These things are pigs. How much highway vs city driving do you do? I get around 14-15mpg with my wagon but mine rarely makes it onto a highway anymore and is probably 99% "city" driving.

When I had a 90 mile daily commute which was about 60/40 highway/city I would average 18-20mpg. Best I've ever seen was 22-23mpg on an all highway roadtrip.
Exactly like you! I've never seen 20!

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sportwagon
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The '19 CamAro is not a "455".
Certain trim levels use a 6.2L direct injected V8 which is rated at 455 HP which also utilizes a 10 spd transmission, is over 200 lbs lighter than a CTS wagon and has over a decade more technology built into its platform.
Not a CTS-V just a plain old 3.6/6 cyl. Shoulda got a V! know a couple guys that have them and they get 20 all day long with 556hp! If you can find a decent one now you're paying close to or over original sticker

·
Registered
17,989 Posts
Shoulda got a V! know a couple guys that have them and they get 20 all day long with 556hp! If you can find a decent one now you're paying close to or over original sticker
I'm in the low teens with my V Wagon. My ATS-V just showed 26.2 mpg after this weekend's trip to my cabin in Georgia. I think that is phenomenal gas mileage.

Reactions: Aspico

·
Registered
17,989 Posts
No chips for our cars. Snake oil.

·
Registered
Magoo—2012 Cadillac CTS Luxury, Opulent Blue, plus many more, see signature.
524 Posts
Something is definitely wrong here.

We could really use a full description of the vehicle. 3.6L DI engine (LFX I'm guessing)? AWD? or RWD?

How old are the spark plugs? Which spark plugs do you have in it? Are they the AC/Delco Iridium plugs that were installed at the factory (new ones, hopefully)? How many miles on the vehicle? Wheel size, tire type, tire pressures?

Magoo, our 2012 Sedan, 3.0L DI (LFW) sees close to 25 mpg on the highway and 18-20 in mixed small town driving with some rural highways. I just replaced the spark plugs with new AC Delco Iridium plugs and I haven't gotten a good fuel economy read on it with the new plugs yet. I'm hoping for an increase in MPG from the new plugs. The EPA ratings on ours were 18 city, 27 highway, and I haven't seen that high yet for either case.

·
Banned
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
807 Posts
I average between 21-22. Same engine as you. Lighter car, since I have a coupe.

I guarantee the wife's Camaro has DoD. The LLT absolutely doesn't, which is why my GXP with a 5.3 V9 usually gets better MPG than the Caddy. Lighter car + DoD = superior MPG.

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
3,340 Posts
When I drove to Florida i got 25mpg, on way back i got 26.
My car has 3.73 gears and 3.6 LFX in my 2012 AWD wagon. I normally get around 22.5mpg in town in summer, 21.5 in winter. When running E85 I run more like 18mpg.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts