Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had our new CTS 4 for about 3 weeks now and I have noticed that when under hard acceleration, the (auto) gear shift flexes a bit forward and rearward -- it also does this under hard braking. Does anyone else notice this or do i have something that i have to take in for service?

I am not sure if this is from the shifter being directly linked to the trans ---- is this true??? Could this be a bad trans mount??? Or, am I just noticing something that is normal???

·
Registered
2011 CTS AWD 3.6
69 Posts
I've noticed the same thing in our 2011 3.6 AWD. Very slight flex. I figured this was normal.

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium
78 Posts
According to Cadillac service at two dealers it is normal. I have an 11 awd coupe with 3.6 di and the gear shifter vibrates and flexes. Just in curiosity when you place the shifter in D mode is there play in it? As in can u pull it back further when placed in D?

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
27 Posts
I have the same, and I like it. I'm wondering if it's one of those things they say BMW does so well to make you feel so connected to the car. It is a touch point that can communicate a great amount of feel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts