Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have unusual markings on the last lobe on the inside cam closest to the intake on the head closest to the firewall.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,984 Posts
That cam will totally fail within 1,000 miles. The case hardening on the lobe is destroyed.

The roller on the associated cam follower ("rocker arm") is probably ruined, too.

High mileage??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
That cam will totally fail within 1,000 miles. The case hardening on the lobe is destroyed.

The roller on the associated cam follower ("rocker arm") is probably ruined, too.

High mileage??
Yes,111,000 miles. I see a YouTube video on the rockers roller failing and the guy replaces the lifter, rocker, and cam to resolve. What do you think??

Yes,111,000 miles. I see a YouTube video on the rockers roller failing and the guy replaces the lifter, rocker, and cam to resolve. What do you think??

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 Engine
844 Posts
Ouch thats ugly....110K, are you the original owner? how often did you change and check the oil level? was the correct oil used?.......if it were me i'd do the whole kit and kaboodle including chains while you there, aint cheap but its a inevitable repair, that is if you plan on keeping the rig for a while - tough call, your kids have a extra kidney they dont really need?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ouch thats ugly....110K, are you the original owner? how often did you change and check the oil level? was the correct oil used?.......if it were me i'd do the whole kit and kaboodle including chains while you there, aint cheap but its a inevitable repair, that is if you plan on keeping the rig for a while - tough call, your kids have a extra kidney they dont really need?
LOL, Was my uncles car and he did change the oil regularly at the dealer. The valve cover gasket was the new one but the pvc was not drilled out. I am going through changing plugs and the coils and knew what to inspect and know about the chains but did not expect this. I will probably nickel and dime it because I don't mind working on it. The money is not a problem but I do know I could get a brand new one for 4600.00. I think I will make it run till she blows adding band aids and drop another in later. I like the car.

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 Engine
844 Posts
keep us posted please, thanks for sticking with the car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts