Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Check Engine Light Came on Codes P0171 And p0174 Came up Meaning Its Running To Lean The Check Engine Light Went Off the Same day an After a week has Reappeared. Anybody Have This Problem? Dont Know Were To Begin......The Car Idels Rough an Sometimes Feel Like It Cant Accelerate like its supposed to..

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,280 Posts
Lean codes can be a product of a vacuum leak; since yours is coming and going, if it is a leak, it must be small. I would Google the code for further clarification and alternate causes that you may be able to diagnose.

·
Registered
2008 STS Northstar RWD, 2000 Trans Am WS6 6 spd, 1968 LeMans convertible 6.6
198 Posts
Is yours a 4.6? If so, first place to check is if your intake manifold bolts are loose, common problem and sometimes snugging them tighter will fix it. Google can help you with this.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,101 Posts
Also check brake booster hose where it connects to intake. And PCV elbow that runs back along the passenger side valve cover, and takes a turn to the rear of the intake manifold. Mine was cracked. Probably one of those three things but there are a couple of other possibilities if these don't pan out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also check brake booster hose where it connects to intake. And PCV elbow that runs back along the passenger side valve cover, and takes a turn to the rear of the intake manifold. Mine was cracked. Probably one of those three things but there are a couple of other possibilities if these don't pan out.
Thank You I Appreciate the insight

1 - 8 of 8 Posts