Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2010 SRX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys, my wife's car began having shifting concerns after we did a trans fluid change @ 77k at the local dealer. The problem was the trans would not shift into 2nd or 3rd gear. However, if my wife pulled over and power cycled the car, it would shift normally! Crazy but true. She did this for several days until we got it back into the dealer. Dealer couldn't duplicate the issue (surprise surprise) and I pushed back saying it was definitely happening when we drove it and I asked them to investigate with Cadillac corporate tech support. They decided to reflash TCM (84K) and it seemed resolved until recently (91k) where it now has a hard shift into 3rd gear. The dealer states we need a new TCM and valve body! I asked for him to explain and he says the TCM and Tbody are one single integrated unit. I asked for diagnosis and that is still pending. This is a developing story :) I called the dealer back this morning asking for technical diagnosis and he said he is actually taking the matter up for possible financial assistance because the flush service had a warranty! Car has 91k and I am actually sorry I did the preventative service on the trans. Can you guys provide any feedback on this situation? Thoughts on "coincidence" of trans service and beginning of issues? Any vehicle history present for SRX and trans issues? Thank-you in advance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That model transmission has TCM issues, while it's not a difficult repair it will need to be reprogrammed.
What codes were present when the dealer did the diagnosis? Find that out then do a quick search on this forum or Google will show up all the problems.
Good luck and hope they actually absorb the cost to pay for it.

·
2010 SRX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank-you Cartman...here was dealer response:
"test drove and has hard shift from 3-4 and from 4-5. check fluid level and is low but not low enough to cause the concern. check codes and found p0989. trans fluid pressure switch 5 circuit low. perform some test and found faulty
TFPS 5 faulty. TFPS 5 is internal to transmission control module."

I will check this site for recommendation on P0989 resolution.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
75 Posts
Thank-you Cartman...here was dealer response:
"test drove and has hard shift from 3-4 and from 4-5. check fluid level and is low but not low enough to cause the concern. check codes and found p0989. trans fluid pressure switch 5 circuit low. perform some test and found faulty
TFPS 5 faulty. TFPS 5 is internal to transmission control module."

I will check this site for recommendation on P0989 resolution.
Check this post out https://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/1061209-2010-2010-srx-transmission-issues.html#post17656762 Rebuilding the valves or replacing the TECM resolves the issue.

·
Registered
101 Posts
P0989 and P0877 I believe were the main codes for me. Yes you can replace just the ruptured diaphrams, in my case I decided to replace the TECM as a unit then have it reflashed.
There is no other way around except for replacement of the diaphragms or TECM, trans flush will not help at all. Again, good luck with the repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts