Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6
950 Posts
Good find - interesting preview. Scott Burgess usually calls 'em as he sees 'em although I find him sympathetic to domestic marques.

Here's the quotation that also sums up how I feel: "Cadillac took the straight-laced SRX and molded it into a much curvier design. My preference was the boxy SRX, as the new model takes on more cues from much of the competition, such as the Lexus RX models and the Acura MDX. "

There's a reason why I chose the current SRX over the RX and MDX. Unfortunately, I was in too small a group and the redesign - while not my cuppa - was necessary.

·
Registered
2008 SRX V8 AWD Sport
196 Posts
Good find - interesting preview. Scott Burgess usually calls 'em as he sees 'em although I find him sympathetic to domestic marques.

Here's the quotation that also sums up how I feel: "Cadillac took the straight-laced SRX and molded it into a much curvier design. My preference was the boxy SRX, as the new model takes on more cues from much of the competition, such as the Lexus RX models and the Acura MDX. "

There's a reason why I chose the current SRX over the RX and MDX. Unfortunately, I was in too small a group and the redesign - while not my cuppa - was necessary.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:I agree 100%

·
Registered
2007 N* Thunder Gray/Ebony AWD/NAV/MRC
875 Posts
Ditto, I like the stealth look of the SRX as it is. Appears there were not enough of us.

·
Registered
2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite
1,185 Posts
I just got my 09' SRX, and I too liked it's Modern sharp edges look. I avoided the others because of too many rounded corners making for wasted space inside for cargo.

But like the rest, I am in the minority.

Good thing I looked now, before the 10's came out, or I would have probably ended up in my second choice which was the 09 Audi.

·
Registered
01 740iL, 99 Z28, 06 SRX V8 rwd
88 Posts
They should have a hit on their hands with the 2010 SRX. Like the posters above, I prefer the rwd platform and longer, sharper lines of my SRX, but I was clearly in too small a group.

The FWD/AWD platform of the new SRX will allow for better packaging, a cheaper sticker price, and likely lighter weight. Based on the review, it seems like they still handle in a nicely sporty fashion. The new shape is more in line with the competition, but still unmistakably Cadillac. The CTS style interior looks fantastic. And the fuel economy should be much improved, which is going to make the SRX more attractive to several segments of buyers.

·
Registered
2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic
341 Posts
Any one seen any 2010's at dealers yet?? I know the east coast always gets theirs first. I like the more competitive pricing; and more power with as good gas mileage!!

·
Registered
2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite
1,185 Posts
When the End of the Earth comes... ... I want to be in the Midwest - - everything happens there 6 months after it happens every where else!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just got all the newest car mags,,and they all say availability of August 2009;;so some kind of delay.....maybe waiting for the recession to level off.....they are losing sales to Lexus every day...:bouncy:

·
Registered
01 740iL, 99 Z28, 06 SRX V8 rwd
88 Posts
August is about right - that's when the next model year cars typically begin to hit dealerships.

·
Registered
2006 SRX V8 Northstar
48 Posts
I just got my 06 not even a month ago and I'm already thinking (after reading these reviews) that the 2010 would be a great 30th birthday present to myself next April. :)

·
Registered
2007 V8 AWD
109 Posts
If you want/need a 3rd seating row, the 2010 SRX is the way to go. If not, the new CTS Wagon is the true successor of the current SRX.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Actually that is one of the main differences; the 2010 does NOT have 3rd row seating; it is shorter than the old model::D

·
Registered
Cadillac
738 Posts
Yea, that makes me mad, neither have a third row seat. The Third row is pretty much useless, but I don't mind throwing someone back there if we are heading to lunch, and it is perfect for a couple kids, especially in a car seat. Both are needs I have.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's
345 Posts
While I love our 09 SRX the w/Sport Package, I suspect the new smaller FWD version will be a huge success esspecially if it gets much better fuel mileage.

Time marches on.

·
Registered
2010 SRX
213 Posts
Any one seen any 2010's at dealers yet?? I know the east coast always gets theirs first. I like the more competitive pricing; and more power with as good gas mileage!!
GM was here yesterday in NY showing SRX & Station Wagon. I bought the SRX!

·
Registered
2004 CTS Sport & Luxury
1 Posts
Great post with the video. Glad to see MotorTrend giving the Caddy, the nod.

Certainly, nice to see Cadillac offering a turbo charged engine. It should be a treat and I'm in the market.

·
Registered
2007 V8 AWD
109 Posts
Oops, you're right - no 3rd seat in the SRX! I hope "the General" isn't fighting the last war (i.e., copying the Lexus RX) while Ford is capitalizing on long-awaited public acceptance of station wagons with its Lincoln MKT.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts