Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, the recall was issued October 22, 2014, # N140225. I called my dealership, yesterday, to schedule my 2010 SRX because my "check engine" light was illuminated for the second time and I was informed of the recall. I have since learned there is a "Service Bulletin" # 10-08-45-002D, pertaining to this problem. It is because of water coming into the car on the left (driver) side and causing the wiring harness underneath the vehicle to corrode and disintegrate. I may have a fight on my hands to get them to repair this as a courtesy repair. I have only 55,600 miles on the vehicle. In December, 2014, I had taken
my car in because there was water in the right (passenger) side of my vehicle. I was told the vehicle was out of warranty and they acted as though they
were doing me a favor to take care of this and all the time there was a recall. Another problem I am having is water coming
into my right headlamp and causing condensation on the lens, which has made the low and high beam inoperable. I contacted General Motors and was told this was a maintenance problem and no recall had been issued. I feel this is a safety issue and not a maintenance problem. General Motors contacted the
service manager, who called me and said they would be willing to share the expense, approximately $500. I reported the headlamp to the NHTSA, because this is a safety issue and a lot of people are having this same problem; it is a faulty headlamp. This is the third Cadillac I have owned and never had any
problems, until this car. The GPS/Radio had to be replaced, the wheel hub replaced, tires were dry rotting on the vehicle, water leaking into the vehicle, the "check engine" light, the security light on dash would stay on when the vehicle was being driven. There have been so many things I'm sure something has been forgotten.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
Yes, the recall was issued October 22, 2014, # N140225. I called my dealership, yesterday, to schedule my 2010 SRX because my "check engine" light was illuminated for the second time and I was informed of the recall. I have since learned there is a "Service Bulletin" # 10-08-45-002D, pertaining to this problem. It is because of water coming into the car on the left (driver) side and causing the wiring harness underneath the vehicle to corrode and disintegrate. I may have a fight on my hands to get them to repair this as a courtesy repair. I have only 55,600 miles on the vehicle. In December, 2014, I had taken
my car in because there was water in the right (passenger) side of my vehicle. I was told the vehicle was out of warranty and they acted as though they
were doing me a favor to take care of this and all the time there was a recall. Another problem I am having is water coming
into my right headlamp and causing condensation on the lens, which has made the low and high beam inoperable. I contacted General Motors and was told this was a maintenance problem and no recall had been issued. I feel this is a safety issue and not a maintenance problem. General Motors contacted the
service manager, who called me and said they would be willing to share the expense, approximately $500. I reported the headlamp to the NHTSA, because this is a safety issue and a lot of people are having this same problem; it is a faulty headlamp. This is the third Cadillac I have owned and never had any
problems, until this car. The GPS/Radio had to be replaced, the wheel hub replaced, tires were dry rotting on the vehicle, water leaking into the vehicle, the "check engine" light, the security light on dash would stay on when the vehicle was being driven. There have been so many things I'm sure something has been forgotten.
Renie43,

I see you are new to this forum. Welcome! If you had been on here since Jan 2010 like I have, you would have seen all of the major issues with the 2010 SRX being reported by a number of people. GM is finally coming around to making some, not all, of these items recalls and they should be given the number of people affected. Sadly, I'm sure many people have dumped their 2010 SRX out of pure frustration. Now we are seeing quite a number of people who bought them used coming on here to complain. It is all very predictable. Unfortunately, GM is using flawed parts, in many cases, to replace the bad ones. For example, I had to have both of my headlights replaced under warranty due to the condensation/moisture problem. I'm wondering how long it will be before the "new" ones have the same problem as they are exactly the same as the bad ones they replaced.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
248 Posts

This is EXACTLY what happened to me, check engine light was on, found to be due to a ton of water in the drivers side floor area, tons of black mold, totally corroded wiring harness. I fought and fought and got the cost lowered down to just over $900 which I had to pay at my expense. Now I have to call some cadillac # because the bulletin does not yet include Illinois - insert eye roll here, what, do they not think it rains in Illinois????? - I'm just irrirated by all the extra effort I have to put forth all the time with this vehicle. If I wasn't a member here, thanks to you all, I'd never know about this posting or know to chase it.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
On a lesser scale, my Avalanche chrome interior door handles were peeling. This was a widespread issue that affected many GM SUV's and trucks. GM issued a service bulletin to have them replaced up to 100,000 miles, but my VIN was out of the range stated on the bulletin. I played dumb and took the bulletin to my Chevy dealer who replaced all 4 no questions asked. It makes no sense to exclude certain states or build dates. If you have the problem and GM decides to fix the issue after warranty expires, GM should fix it for all, not just some.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
248 Posts
The ongoing saga continues…..so had to call Cadillac customer service yesterday, they had to call the dealership to tell them where to locate this reimbursement form since they didn’t know where to locate it when I went there in person earlier this week. They connected me to the “customer service” guy at the dealer who was a complete and total jack ass. He was going on and on that I had already gotten the special discount for complaining about this when they wanted to charge me almost $4000 to fix THEIR leak issue and I got it down to $950 plus a $1000 customer loyalty certificate….wait for it…..to use towards the purchase of another GM vehicle…….insert laughing hysterics here……
Anyways, he proceeded to tell me that he doubted that I would be eligible for any further refunds to which I told him that this was a GM problem, not mine, and I’m entitled for reimbursement on ALL monies I put out on this issue now that there is this bulletin has been created. I did clarify and she said that this is NOT a recall and this is NOT a special extension of warranty coverage but it’s what they call a Customer Satisfaction because it’s not related to any safety issues however customers shouldn’t be charged for repairs if this does cause damage after warranty has expired.
I now have to complete this form which is apparently only on the GM site for dealers to access, general public can’t pull up this form. Submit and wait 3-4 weeks. Annoying. I want my money back…….

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
The ongoing saga continues…..so had to call Cadillac customer service yesterday, they had to call the dealership to tell them where to locate this reimbursement form since they didn’t know where to locate it when I went there in person earlier this week. They connected me to the “customer service” guy at the dealer who was a complete and total jack ass. He was going on and on that I had already gotten the special discount for complaining about this when they wanted to charge me almost $4000 to fix THEIR leak issue and I got it down to $950 plus a $1000 customer loyalty certificate….wait for it…..to use towards the purchase of another GM vehicle…….insert laughing hysterics here……
Anyways, he proceeded to tell me that he doubted that I would be eligible for any further refunds to which I told him that this was a GM problem, not mine, and I’m entitled for reimbursement on ALL monies I put out on this issue now that there is this bulletin has been created. I did clarify and she said that this is NOT a recall and this is NOT a special extension of warranty coverage but it’s what they call a Customer Satisfaction because it’s not related to any safety issues however customers shouldn’t be charged for repairs if this does cause damage after warranty has expired.
I now have to complete this form which is apparently only on the GM site for dealers to access, general public can’t pull up this form. Submit and wait 3-4 weeks. Annoying. I want my money back…….
Just be patient, you will get reimbursed eventually. GM is a huge bureaucracy, it takes awhile to get this stuff done.

----------

Here is a DIY for anyone who wants to do this themselves:

http://vitalysmobileautodiagnostics.com/archives/6260

12,778 Posts
Katie,:hide:
Why does OnStar refer to it as a Recall?
Hello Nice Ride,

They are very similar and often times are used interchangeably, which can be confusing because they are slightly different. I apologize for the confusion. A customer satisfaction campaign/bulletin is used to modify a vehicle to provide non safety related improvements and a recall is going to be safety related. I hope that cleared up some confusion. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Katie O.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wasn't notified until I called the dealership to make an appointment after my "check engine" light came on for the 2nd time and to check water leak on left (driver) side of vehicle. The recall # is N140225, issued October 22, 2014. I have since learned there is a "service bulletin"
(# 10-08-45-002D) about the water leak causing the wiring harness underneath the vehicle to corrode and disintegrate, which, in turn, will cause
the "check engine" light to illuminate. My son checked my vehicle and I do, in deed, have this very problem. As I have stated before, I may have a fight on my hands. Also, my right headlamp has water and condensation inside, making the low and high beam bulbs to fail. The dealership has
informed me they will share the expense. This is not good enough for me; this is a General Motors' problem. It is a faulty headlamp and a safety
problem, as many have complained, on this site, about the problem. I have reported this to NHTSA. I hope this info will help.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I am so glad I started this thread. This is how the forum shines, educating the consumer and sharing information good and bad about dealers and product. To think it all started with a push of the OnStar button.

To cadigirlchicago2, think of it this way.... your getting paid $900- for an hours work to fill out some paperwork, not bad :) It is a fact that anyone that had the repair done at a GM shop and has a copy of the receipt, you should/will get reimbursed with a little effort and :want:

I hope this gets out to everyone that paid money and was put out for the aggravation, time at the dealer, and having to beg / negotiate for a fair price to replace a defective product/hose.

God Bless America!!!

Ok, I'm getting a little carried away... :rant2:

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
248 Posts
Nice ride thanks so very much for posting this info! I spent hours and calling yelling at people when my issue was first diagnosed. I laughed yesterday when the cadillac customer support said they have notes on my account from when I called before - hell ya you have NOTES I can just imagine what they say! Lol! Well this was my first cadillac and last. Gm vehicles just aren't reliable and I can't do this again. I'll have to post in another page but seems bmw, mb all have issues. Dare I say I'm considering a Hyundai Santa Fe.....I'll have to dig into new cars more. We will keep the srx as a second car. The money I recoup is going towards rear brakes, rotors and whatever else it needs.

·
Registered
2010 Srx and 2005 Escalade
6 Posts
So did anyone get the dealership to pay to have the drains replaced? Our 2010 started leaking we have only had this car a year already had to pay to get the headlight fixed

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,535 Posts
This thread is several years old, so a reply from the former contributors may not be quickly forthcoming.

A lot of confusion exists as to the definition of a recall and the term is often interchangeably used to describe a problem that isn't recall-related, --just annoying (and sometimes expensive) as hell. Faulty Water Management Systems for the 2010 SRX don't appear to have a Recall/campaign# assigned, but lists a Service Bulletin #, so again, the term, "Recall" is being applied where it isn't applicable.

Post #21 in this thread is a prime example. The poster uses "Recall" and "Service Bulletin" interchangeably, wondering why their "recall" issue isn't being repaired out-of-warranty.

Two major types of GM-defined repair issue descriptions exist for the vehicles they manufacture: Recalls and Technical Service Bulletins (TSB). Recalls are safety-related and as such are sometimes discovered after a few fatalities raise the issue, (ignition cylinders that fail while driving) or parts that weren't designed properly and can fail under load or normal use, resulting in the occupants becoming grim statistics.

Recalls have an assigned campaign number and are repaired at no cost. If you have a recall applicable to your car, GM will make a good-faith effort to notify the owner, (difficult if bought from a private seller and GM doesn't know who owns it, if their name isn't in their database) otherwise, Service Departments (should) check the VIN when it's brought in for service and determine if the car has the latest recalls completed.

TSBs are bulletins that (generally) pertain to issues discovered during the life of the vehicle that upgrade a non-safety-related part or detail modifications that prevent/repair further damage or loss of functionality to a vehicle, like modifying a drain to prevent interior damage or removing tint where it might interfere with an antenna. Some are minor and others can be more involved. If your car is out of warranty, you may have to pay for the repair, depending on the age of the car and whether or not the Service Manager will offer a goodwill repair to offset or eliminate the cost.

If you feel you have a recall issue that warrants a dealer repair, by all means do some research and obtain the recall number, or just take it in. GM has a site to enter your VIN to determine applicable recall information. https://my.gm.com/recalls

TSBs that are applicable to your vehicle may be looked up here (there may be more, so it pays to read the forums): http://www.revbase.com/BBBMOTOR/Tsb/ http://www.revbase.com/BBBMOTOR/Tsb/

Until SRX headlights flood, short out a harness, and burst into flame killing enough people to warrant an investigation, the cause will not be a recall, meaning the part failed, (nearly all electrical parts have a service life) and isn't going to be covered out of the B2B warranty. In your headlight example, if it failed again within a year, the part's warranty would kick in.

Good luck!

CC

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2010 SRX Premuim vehicle passenger side headlight has moisture according to The Cadillac Dealer here in Columbus, Ohio. I did some research while waiting for a price-$1600 and apparently there is a class action lawsuit in Florida regarding a defect design. The information provided states if the repair is completed it’s completed with the same defective part. I am so upset right now. The deal stated when it’s wet outside it will go out but when it warms back up the moisture will dry. Which is somewhat true
Because the headlight comes on and off. I don’t want to pay $1600 for a defective design. Does anyone have any suggestions:(

21 - 34 of 34 Posts