Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had OnStar run Diagnostic check on vehicle. Stated there is a re-call for the Drain Hose for Sunroof. Does this mean that everyone who paid OOP is OOluck?:bigroll: Can anyone else verify this.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
248 Posts
Do you have a link to the recall? As long as there is a true recall, you get a full refund on whatever you paid out of pocket.
This would be great news for me since this cost me over $900 6 months ago!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be going to dealer next week (Tuesday) I will post my findings. If OnStar found this, it must be valid. I usually press the OnStar button every few months and have them run a diagnostic. There is no charge for this, but since they have the Vin, that's how they find any recalls.

·
Registered
2011 SRX
1 Posts
I got a call from my dealer last week to set up appointment for drain recall. Waiting for part to come in, should be next week.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
373 Posts
I have never had this problem but I live in Los Angeles so it very seldom rains so apart from washing the car very
seldom gets wet, if this is a recall should I take it to the dealer or "let sleeping dogs lay........."if it ain't broke don't
fix it"?

·
Registered
2010 SRX Performance 2.8 L Turbo AWD traded for 2019 XT4 AWD Sport
95 Posts
Just put in my VIN and got this:

GM Program #:
N140225

Date Issued:
Oct 22, 2014

Program Title:

SUNROOF DRAIN HOSE LEAKS

Program Status: INCOMPLETE

Too bad (even though it's dated Oct. 22) that recall was not there when I took the car in for the Navigation Memory Lapse recall last week. Guess I'll have to make another appointment. Good thing we only live 10 minutes away from the dealership and I'm retarded (retired).

Pretty soon we'll have a brand new SRX if they keep replacing all these bad parts.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sent our dealership an e-mail and just got a response that they will order the parts and e-mail me when they have them and we can set up an appointment time.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
248 Posts
I wonder why I have not been notified of this yet? Shouldn't all 2010 owners have a formal written notification sent to us??? Oh cadillac customer service reps - where are you?????

·
Registered
95 Posts
We have not yet received the formal notification but your dealer can order the parts once you give him the recall number (GM Program #:
N140225).

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac SRX, 2010 SRX 2.8T Premium AWD
26 Posts
I just bought my Used SRX to replace my old SRX that has gone to wrecker heaven.. they stated the drain tube replacement was a advisory /courtesy and not a recall when they were recertifying the vehicle. So it is listed but not as a have to do but a do if there is a complaint.. I would suggest call the dealer or GM and complain just in case to get it done if you have had the issue.. And if you paid to repair it when they are noting now this is an "issue" ask about refund of something to compensate for a known issues. I am going to think eventually it would become a full out recall but right now it is a advisory of sorts.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Recall Confirmed and Completed!
Took car in today for Oil Change and Check engine light that came on / off every few days. Paul Conti Cadillac confirmed the recall. I saw them replace 2 hoses, 1 white, 1 black. They did the front left and right side. Took about an hour. I asked the service desk what will happen to all the clients that paid to have the repair done. He said as long as you have your receipt, you will get reimbursed. He also said there is a specific phone number to call if the work was performed and paid for. I did not have any problems, but good to know that its done. Strange thing is, I never received anything in the mail, I suggest everyone with OnStar press the button and ask them to run a diagnostic, takes 2 to 3 min, then ask them about any recalls. OnStar made me aware of the recall, I did not ask. There is no charge for Onstar to run the diag, and you can ask them to run it as often as you want. The reason I had OnStar run the diag, I had the check engine light on, the only info they could tell me is to confirm I had a check engine light, they could not state what the code was. I had them run the diag again when the light went off a few days later, and they could not see any codes. So, it looks like only if the light is on they see a generic code (needs service), no light no issue. When I brought it to the dealer they were able to look up the stored codes. Bad coil/wire or plug. They replaced the coil under CPO 78,000 mi. No Charge.
:)

·
Registered
2011 SRX (Mocha Steel); 2008 SRX (Gold Mist)
141 Posts
My monthly OnStar email status update alerted me to the recall. That's 3 open recalls. Oh well, it's time for an oil change. I guess I'll be making a trip to the dealer soon.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
248 Posts
Did you put your VIN into the recall link above?
I just entered my VIN# into the GM recall site and it says no recalls on my vehicle right now. I'm confused. I brought the paperwork with me to work to go back to get my refund from the $900 and change I put out on this. Not sure what to do now if it's not coming up in the GM system....

·
Registered
95 Posts
I hope your dealer did not turn in your repair for reimbursement from GM which would then show that your recall had been completed and remove it from the list for your VIN.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
248 Posts
I hope your dealer did not turn in your repair for reimbursement from GM which would then show that your recall had been completed and remove it from the list for your VIN.
I went to the dealership yesterday and they said the current advisory isn't a "recall" but it's basically an extension of warranty if you have this issue. Illinois is not currently on the list so I'll have to call another # and see what is going on and get the form to complete and submit. Apparently it's not as simple as the dealership refunding my money. I have to complete and sumbit the form with my invoice and suppose I wait an eternity for a check in the mail.

12,778 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this situation. I understand many of you have had this repair completed before the release of the Customer Satisfaction Bulletin. Please feel free to private message me any questions or concerns you have regarding it. I would be happy to reach out to your dealership to bring your concerns to their attention and assist in anyway possible. I am also able to verify any open recalls or campaigns associated to your VIN. I hope to hear from you all soon.

Katie O.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 20 of 34 Posts