Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac SRX, 2010 SRX 2.8T Premium AWD
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to first say thank you to everyone here this site I have read over for a while since owning my 2007 SRX. Sadly ice and bad weather took my 2007 to heaven at the beginning of this year. But I survived due to the vehicle and wanted to purchase another. I was going to go with a 2009 to keep the old body style but ended up with a 2010. And before you all go ohh noo it was this site that I went to read up on the vehicle an learn everything about the years and values. I ended up finding a unit with no issues per say that has not been addressed a good value and I feel well informed on all the "quirks"

So my Flannel Grey Premium AWD is getting new Tires and will be coming on car rail next week.. I am so excited. it is the 2.8 T model again I know flag flag flag but sometimes you just know the right vehicle. I remember when I got my 2007 and read the issues with the engine and this and that and still she proved to be what I expected from the beginning. Again knowing what I have seen from here I am ahead of the game already with this one.

I had a service manual for the 2007 but found it wasn't so easy for the 2010 model.. I saw some discussion and now that the 2010 is going into "OOW" status for most I want to let you know I found a site with the 2010-2012 manual for 13 US dollars.. I got it last night and it is the full 4000 pages in PDF format (okay not printed but 13 instead of 200 I can print a copy of what I need.. they have download and make a cd option. I went with download) I told them I was going to send a link to their site knowing how valuable this was and ensure they were okay with it. I wanted to give you this as my first post to help others and you have helped me on this GEN 2 board.

So now if you are interested and looking for the manual for future repairs and other things for the 2010-2012 SRX model start here..

http://factorypdfservicemanuals.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=233

I got the email within a couple hours with the download link and it was about 75MB.. but it is everything I need for peace of mind with my 2010 and I am getting ready to say goodbye to GEN 1 and continue to now GEN 2.

I certainly will have questions and concerns and will heavily rely on your experiences and guides on what to do and where to go for answers to my questions. But it is places like here than making owning a Cadillac worth it. I would love to know everything about this new Car.. and share along with everyone what I experience too...

So here in a nutshell is what I got.. I have the VIN and such but maybe sometime someone can tell me how to find out everything GM has done to it.. I know the Turbo was replaced 30K ago so that is the only thing outside the recalls and things that we all know about were done. but it was well taken care of by a executive to had to trade it in as the company did not allow vehicles over 4 years and they bought a 2015 SRX to replace this one. So it was reluctantly given in due to age and not due to issue.

So if there is anything my experienced here can let me know I might need to transition from 2007 to this please feel free to tell me.. I am excited and thrilled to have a SRX back in my driveway again. I have been driving a Malibu Rental and let me tell you even all jazzed up with every option for that model.. It is like riding a donkey after riding a thoroughbred.

Model: 6NL26-2010 SRX V6

Service Contract: No
Branded Title: No
Warranty Block: No
PDI Status: Yes

Order Type: 70 - RETAIL - STOCK

Field Actions: 2 Open

Vehicle Build

Model: 6NL26-2010 SRX V6
Order Number: NVVX2Z

Gross Vehicle Weight: 2,582
Build Date: 18/05/2010

Build Plant: S

Option Codes

*IVH is not the definitive source of GM Vehicle RPO information and is intended for service reference only. Should there be any questions about the vehicle's original build or RPO information please refer to the original vehicle invoice or window sticker.

01E -
1AF -

1SF - PREMIUM COLLECTION * REAR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM WITH DUAL SEATBACK MOUNTED VIDEO SCREENS, REAR SEAT AUDIO CONTROLS AND TWO WIRELESS HEADPHONES * REAR VISION CAMERA SYSTEM * VENTILATED FRONT SEATS * HEATED OUTBOARD REAR SEATS * 'E-Z' KEY ENTRY SYSTEM * CONTINUOUSLY VARIABLE REAL- TIME DAMPING SUSPENSION * SPORT SUSPENSION * XENON HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE (HID) HEADLAMPS W/ ADAPTIVE FORWARD LIGHTING * FRONT FOG LAMPS * SPEED SENSITIVE, VARIABLE ASSIST STEERING * POWER SLIDING/TILT ULTRAVIEW SUNROOF WITH POWER SUNSHADE * POWER LIFTGATE * FRONT AND REAR PARKING ASSIST * ADAPTIVE REMOTE START * POWER ADJUSTABLE PEDALS * INTERIOR ACCENT LIGHTING * SAPELE WOOD TRIM ON DOORS, CENTRE CONSOLE, STEERING WHEEL AND SHIFT KNOB * RAINSENSE WIPERS * CHROME ROOF RAILS * U-RAIL REAR CARGO SYSTEM * CARGO SECURITY COVER
2BX -

44F - WOOD TRIM PACKAGE
4AJ -

5AD -
6AB -

7AB -
8X2 - SOLID PARTITION

9X2 -
AAB - MEMORY PACKAGE

AFD - DK. TITANIUM/JET BLACK
AG2 - ADJUSTER, 6-WAY POWER SEAT, PASSENGER SIDE

AL0 -
AL2 - POWER LUMBAR SEAT

ANY -
AR9 - RECLINING FRONT BUCKET SEATS

ASV -
ATH -

AXP -
AY0 -

BTV - REMOTE VEHICLE START
C3U - ULTRAVIEW POWER GLASS SUNROOF

C9V -
CE4 - HEADLAMP WASHER SYSTEM

CEC -
CJ4 - TRI-ZONE AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL

D42 - REAR COMPARTMENT CARGO COVER
DCP -

DD8 - ELECTROCHROMIC REARVIEW MIRROR
DR4 - HEATED POWER OUTSIDE MIRRORS

DT4 - ASHTRAY AND CIGARETTE LIGHTER
EBS -

EPM -
F45 -

F46 - ALL WHEEL DRIVE CHASSIS
FBJ -

FE3 - SPORT SUSPENSION
FE9 - FEDERAL CERTIFICATION EMISSION

GBV - FLANNEL GRAY METALLIC
GY5 -

JF4 -
JJK -

JL9 - ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM
KA1 - HEATED FRONT SEATS

KA6 - REAR HEATED SEAT
KG4 -

KU1 -
KU3 -

LAU - 2.8L DOHC TURBOCHARGED V6
LHD -

MXE - 6 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
NP5 - LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL

NT7 - FEDERAL EMISSION SYSTEM
NV7 - STEERING - SPEED SENSITIVE

P47 - 20" CHROME CLAD ALUMINUM WHEELS
PDQ - PREMIUM COLLECTION BOSE 10 SPEAKER 5.1 SURROUND

QRX - P235/55R-20" ALL SEASON TIRES
R7K -

R7W - MANDATORY VK3
SAL - RAMOS ARIZPE MEXICO

SLM -
T61 - DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS

T96 - FOG LAMPS
TB5 - POWER LIFTGATE

TSQ -
TT6 -

U19 - KILO SPEEDOMETER
U2K - XM SATELLITE RADIO. INCLUDES FIRST 3 MONTHS SERVICE.

U30 -
U70 -

UA6 - THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM
UD5 -

UE1 - ONSTAR TURN-BY-TURN NAVIGATION
UEC -

UG1 - UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE
ULD -

UPF - BLUETOOTH(R) FOR PHONE
UQS - BOSE 10 SPEAKER 5.1 SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM

UVC - REAR VISION CAMERA SYSTEM
UWG - ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

UYS - TOUCH SCREEN DVD NAVIGATION AND REAR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM
V64 -

V8E -
VH9 -

VK3 - FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
VQK - MOULDED SPLASH GUARDS

VT7 -
VVO -

Y40 - LEVEL 1 LUXURY PACKAGE
Y41 - LEVEL 2 LUXURY PACKAGE

Y42 - LEVEL 1 DRIVER'S PACKAGE
Y44 - SEATING PACKAGE

Y45 - UTILITY PACKAGE
YM8 - LPO IDENTIFIER

Z49 - CANADIAN BASE EQUIPMENT

·
Registered
2015 CTS
597 Posts
Be sure and use full synthetic oil and allow it to idle for a min or two before you turn it off to cool the turbo down and prevent the turbo bearings from coking. Congrats on the SRX. We love ours.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone I know most would say 2010 and turbo oh my god but like my 2007 there was something about this one that said.. take me home..

Prodrive.. you are very welcome this is something I would say is important for any car owner to have regardless, I always find the manual to at least know how things work and some little things that can be done without a mechanic shop.. And finding it for 13.00 when I say posts about 200.00 plus online for the printed manual it was a deal and it works. I not a cheap person but I feel the value is better served in at least having all your resources. I hope it helps more here with a good way to be a better owner with more knowledge. This site is to improve our experience with our Caddy so the more you know the better it gets..

I am so excited to get my new (new to me truck) I loved my 2007 and tried driving other vehicles to see if there is anything else.. but really there is nothing that works for me other than the SRX.. when the car is delivered I will take some pics and probably have more questions to ask about.. For now I am just prepping for the things needed.. mats and other things to get this new baby ready for winter life..

----------

Be sure and use full synthetic oil and allow it to idle for a min or two before you turn it off to cool the turbo down and prevent the turbo bearings from coking. Congrats on the SRX. We love ours.
I have never used anything but synthetic to any vehicle.. it is not worth it for a few dollars to not make the investment.. but the few minutes idle tip.. I have owned a turbo in another vehicle years ago but there is so little on the turbo for this model here I am looking to learn everything I can to make this new truck run its best..

I have purchased some engine cleaner and other things in my normal overhaul the system.. fuel injector cleaners and other things to basically get it in order to then be able to maintain at its best.. I am always.. but anything else you can share I am all ears..

·
Registered
2014 S550, 2018 XT5 Platinum, 2019 XT4 Sport :)
1,758 Posts
Don't use any Internal Engine Cleaners! It can cause crud to become loose and block the tiny ports and cause oil starvation to parts of the engine. I'm not saying not to use Techron or similar to mix with the gas, I'm talking about motor flush....
Thins I usually do with a new used vehicle.

1. I always change the tires, I never know how or if any repairs were done properly. I always put new tires and have them Road Force balanced. Tire Rack is a great resource. They can locate a local shop that has new equipment to mount and balance the tires for you, ship them right to your door.

2. Basics, always do a visual inspection under the vehicle, there should be "no" signs of any oil, grease etc. Look closely at all shafts, oil pan, diff seal, etc. Should be dry as a bone.

3. I always flush ALL fluids. Most can be done DIY. MOTIVE makes a great product to flush your brake system, 15 min per wheel! Brake fluid should be replaced every 2 to 3 years! it absorbs water!!!

4. Power steering, get one of those cheep suction tools, Suck out the old stuff, replace with fresh.... drive several months and do again.... Good to go for another 2 to 3 years...

5. Even if you do a drain and fill of the radiator, its way better than an expensive flush from the dealer... Shop Vac works great, Remove lower drain hose suck away at the reservoir tank and the lower hose and radiator... fill with fresh 50/50 mix. no guess work.

6. Oil change

7. Depending on millage, flush all Xfer Cases, and DIff's.

There is a lot of information on Youtube and the forums, however it can get confusing with what fluids to use, especially for xfer case and diff.

Good Luck... Just my 2 cents..

·
Registered
2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony
652 Posts
Congratulations on the new 2010. From my experience, you will want to check the Radio and make sure the NAV is up to date and /or replaced. I did not have the issue, but others have had sunroof drain tube leaks, you might want to check yours. Other than that, my 2010 was rock solid and I only replaced it because I liked the 2014 engine and refinements better.

Good luck with the new wheels!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What no pics?
I haven't gotten it yet.. on a choo choo train coming here.. this week it shall be in my hands than I shall have a lot to take pictures of and questions to ask... trust me I am anxious to get behind the wheel. I am so excited it is hurting... :)

·
Registered
2011 SRX
96 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and thank you for the link to the manual. I purchased the manual last night and it is a great value for the price. 4,078 pages!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats on your purchase and thank you for the link to the manual. I purchased the manual last night and it is a great value for the price. 4,078 pages!
I know that is why I included the link.. I am a big fan of having some knowledge of what is going on with the things I own even if I am not doing the work.. At least it gives me an idea of what is happening and why and also the ability to see if the work is something that can be done easily by someone I know who is mechanically inclined or if this is a very complicated or expensive venture to fix. I am really glad you found the info valuable as well. Seeing $100-$230 for the books seemed crazy in this day and age. But probably being a rather newer car not quite OOW there isn't much demand for electronic versions yet? Not sure but this by far was a easy and simple start to my new car in my life. And it covers to 2012 for the model.. I will see if I can find a 2013 and 14 manual for those in the later. Like the owners manual it is something you will find one simple thing and it pays for itself. And also handy to give over to the new owner when you decide to upgrade or change vehicles. Forums like this is a great way I learned about my new SRX from the old GEN 1 I was replacing.. seemed only right to give out a tip to say thank you..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay here she is sorry the pics are a bit dark but she is in.. I will post more once I get things settled.. I have paperwork and registration to do but here is my grey goose...I am so excited.. I think I could of spend the night in the car playing with all the new things learning how it works.. More to come, right now I am in the middle of introduction to the new girl..

first drive impression

I feel higher up in the seat (road) than the old SRX.. probably the change of base they did from the CTS to equinox.. very smooth handling and control.. I will have to get used to the blind spots on the side shoulder checks the curved backend does limit more viewing ability than the older body style.. and she is quiet.. I mean is the engine on quiet.. very different than the V8 I owned before. but I am in love.. :)

image4.jpeg
10006736116.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't use any Internal Engine Cleaners! It can cause crud to become loose and block the tiny ports and cause oil starvation to parts of the engine. I'm not saying not to use Techron or similar to mix with the gas, I'm talking about motor flush....
Thins I usually do with a new used vehicle.

1. I always change the tires, I never know how or if any repairs were done properly. I always put new tires and have them Road Force balanced. Tire Rack is a great resource. They can locate a local shop that has new equipment to mount and balance the tires for you, ship them right to your door.

2. Basics, always do a visual inspection under the vehicle, there should be "no" signs of any oil, grease etc. Look closely at all shafts, oil pan, diff seal, etc. Should be dry as a bone.

3. I always flush ALL fluids. Most can be done DIY. MOTIVE makes a great product to flush your brake system, 15 min per wheel! Brake fluid should be replaced every 2 to 3 years! it absorbs water!!!

4. Power steering, get one of those cheep suction tools, Suck out the old stuff, replace with fresh.... drive several months and do again.... Good to go for another 2 to 3 years...

5. Even if you do a drain and fill of the radiator, its way better than an expensive flush from the dealer... Shop Vac works great, Remove lower drain hose suck away at the reservoir tank and the lower hose and radiator... fill with fresh 50/50 mix. no guess work.

6. Oil change

7. Depending on millage, flush all Xfer Cases, and DIff's.

There is a lot of information on Youtube and the forums, however it can get confusing with what fluids to use, especially for xfer case and diff.

Good Luck... Just my 2 cents..
You are a man after my own heart.. and thinking.. I got her in my stable now and will be doing a checklist of the fluid and things that will be done.. I am going to give her a tank or two with some techron in it.. just to see how it runs but everything fluid wise I plan to change out.. I do have one question though.. I have read that my 2.8L turbo and the AW-1 Transmission Fluid is a very different beast than most.. anyone have experience with Transmission and flush or fill with a 2.8 Turbo? Do I need to use the GM version is there something better? and do I need to fill or flush?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts