Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 SRX Luxury
613 Posts
Looks like the one that came in my 2010 SRX. But really I find that my cell phone has about the best Nav unit that you can get and it's updated for free!

·
Registered
2013 SRX Premium w/ Navigation
161 Posts
I don't have experience w/ adding Nav.

I don't even know whether the non-Nav vehicles have the wiring harness to support a Nav unit.

That eBay link appears to be from an overseas supplier & states that it's compatible w/ 2010-2013, which is wrong. 2013+ is CUE, not the pop-up system for 2010-2012.

Are you absolutely certain that there are no other parts required? i.e. Is that intended to be a replacement for a broken Nav system that may have a separate GPS receiver that still works?

"caveat emptor"

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,654 Posts
For the price of a Nav unit, updated software, backup camera, cabling and labor, you could buy at least fifteen really nice Garmin units that offer better displays, more information, and free updates. If you really must do it though, have a dealer give you a quote, take the part numbers and buy everything online and let them do the install. But after reading many of the posts here regarding the quality of the backup camera, etc; I'd still go the Garmin route. I have GM navs in all my cars and still have a Garmin in each.

CCC

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
My Android smart phone (Galaxy Note II) has a large display and has Google Navigation on it. It is MUCH better than the outdated Nav in my SRX. My next vehicle won't even have a Nav in it unless it's Android Auto which will use the smart phone's apps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts