Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, Question? 2010 Cadillac SRX, In the manual it shows how to disable the rear view camera, I have done the steps correctly. But each time I go in to reverse, the Rear view camera re-starts, does anyone know how to disable rear view camera for the whole time I am using vehicle and not just one time only, then re-start the moment I use reverse? Just a question, I welcome all comments thoughts, information and advice, Thanks in advance.... [email protected]

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
274 Posts
Duct tape comes to mind..... Is there a reason you don't want to know what's behind you? Just yesterday as I was backing out of a parking space two women appeared on the screen and they were way out of mirror sight. It seems that cam has a panoramic lens and picks up stuff you might not otherwise see. Honestly with the massive blind spots I'd be a bit paranoid backing up without it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Appreciate Your Thoughts...Rear View Camera Is Very "Essential", And A Very Imporant Feature... I Was Just Curious Why There Is A Option To (Disable It) Turn It Off, But It Comes Right Back On Once You Go Into Reverse, My Back Up Rear View Camera Needs To Be Replaced, So Its Non-Functional At This Moment.... Just Thought It Could Be Disabled Temporarily Until Back Up Camera Unit Replacement Arrives...👍

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
274 Posts
Think that's a pretty ez repair from what others have said. Hopefully the replacement will come quickly. In the meantime be careful. Backing up an SRX is nearly as bad as backing up a semi or a panel truck. I also "love" those huge front pillars and the massive mirrors. A mid-size car and be completely hidden by them. Not long ago while going through some tight S curves a car seemed to appear out of nowhere. Good thing I was in my own lane!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts