Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2010 SRX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driver's side blows hot, passenger side cold. They just told me that it is because of low coolant, $175 to put dye in to attempt to find a leak. Low coolant doesn't make sense, passenger side is ice cold.

·
Registered
SRX
141 Posts
That doesn't sound right at all. Did you personally verify your coolant level? It should be easy to see whether or not your coolant is low.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
:umno:Everyone's mixed up...

1. Is it an A/C issue or Heating Issue? Sounds like you mean A/C...
2. Is Compressor running?
3. Are both Left and Right Temp set the same?
3. Most important if so, find another mechanic. Coolant????? Left cold Right hot?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
But he said its very cold on one side and hot on the other. It is a door/modulator that is stuck or broken. No way Freon or not it would be only cold on one side.

12,778 Posts
Driver's side blows hot, passenger side cold. They just told me that it is because of low coolant, $175 to put dye in to attempt to find a leak. Low coolant doesn't make sense, passenger side is ice cold.
Hello fish388,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your HVAC system and I can understand how it would be a nuisance. It seems like you are reaching out to the forum for feedback and have already received numerous responses, but if you are working with a dealership or considering doing so, please feel free to PM me if you would like an additional layer of assistance during this process.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
SRX
141 Posts
The OP did say "coolant".

Anyway, for refrigerant, I know my Ford have dye from factory, so it might be a good idea for the OP to check if GM does as well, to save money on that part of the service. Assuming the problem is not the blend door or something similar, of course.

·
Registered
CTS-V 2009
55 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2013 luxury. Just got it back from the dealer. They could find nothing wrong. Looks like they recharged the system. Don't know if it was low or not. I mentioned the service bulletin but they couldn't find it. I wonder if it should apply to 2013 as well?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
fish388 is not filling in the blanks yet... We need proper information before we start throwing out more advice....

Assumption Coolant = Freon then why is it blowing cold on only one side? There goes that theory....
Assumption fish388 may not have described the problem in detail to the shop or the shop did not see the problem 1st hand.
Based on the info on the post, it most likely points to electronic component / modulation of the doors for passenger / driver side.
Just say'n....

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
That's a new one for the books.... Air blowing across one cold coil, then get warm through left vents, stays cold through right vents.... Think service bulletin is blowing some smoke on that one...

·
Registered
CTS-V 2009
55 Posts
Yeah something's not right in Denmark. Btw, they recharged my SRX and it was blowing cold both sides for about 5 days. Now both are blowing hot. Gotta take it back. Maybe now both doors are stuck open. Lol.

12,778 Posts
Marcuse12,
I’m sorry you are experiencing concerns with the HVAC system in your SRX and understand how it would be frustrating to experience. It seems like you are planning on taking it back to the dealership, but in the meantime I can look to see if there are any service bulletins posted about your vehicle. Please send us a private message with your VIN and we will look into this further.

Best,

Alex H.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 15 of 15 Posts