Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
SRX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post the forum and its a doozy.

This week I started getting one of the dreaded codes. P0017 bank 1 exhaust cam out of alignment with crank.

I replaced the sensor, no luck there. Measured resistance across the bank 1 exhaust cam solenoid to make sure it was working properly. It's all good.

The car has developed a pretty rough shake at idle. It also just set codes yesterday for both banks running rich (I think P0172 and P0175 but don't quote me on this).

The thing I do not understand is how could just one cam be off if it's a stretched timing chain. Wouldn't both the intake and exhaust cams on bank 1 be off? Same thing if it was the crank sensor, they would all be out of sync?

The car has 86,000 miles. Has anyone done the timing chain? I would be very interested in doing it myself. Anyone know a good shop or trustworthy dealership in San Antonio?

I did a little tease arch, and my build date was 7/09. I know people say the bad chains ended in '10, but maybe I am still in danger?

Has anyone resolved this code without timing chains being replaced?

Thanks,

Walker

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
2010 75k, check engine light started going on/off every few days. Took it to the dealer, said it was a bad Plug/Coil/Wire, replaced under CPO. Went on my way, 3 days later, light on again. Took it back to dealer, stated there were emission codes possible left over from the repair, cleared light sent me on my way. About 3 days later, light back on :suspense:, noticed rough idle at traffic light a few times, also lagging acceleration / shifting. Mad service appt., before I could get there, service stab track came on and anti lock brakes. Dealer said its the timing chain. Dropped it off Saturday, will know more Monday.:suspect:

·
Registered
SRX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know if a TSB covers the 3.0 v6? Can anyone provide a copy? The TSB for the I4 extended warranty to 100,000mi correct?

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
Same problem here. 2010 SRX v6 3.0 - trouble code P0017 and P0016. Took the camshaft actuator solenoids out (bank 1 intake and exhast), cleaned them from oil with a solvent and lubricated them again and installed. While i was at it, took the nearby camshaft position sensors out. They seem to be ok so I put them back in. Still the car idles rough, but right now only code p0017 is registered. Maybe p0016 will register later. Car is out of warranty, so if you have any info from the dealer, that would be great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have any updates on this issue? I have a P0017 error message and looking into how it will get fixed? 2010 SRX 100200 miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had same issue P0017 (2010 SRX) outside warranty, repair cost $2300 at GM dealership. Service tech says its a known issue but Cadillac Canada says they have investigated and won't cover anything cause out of warranty.

·
Registered
2010 SRX 2.8T
18 Posts
Same problem here...2010 SRX 2.8 turbo...timing chains replaced, entire turbo system replaced, now getting P0017 & P0008. Research tells me that it is camshaft to crankshaft position problem. I have the camshaft position sensor and waiting on the camshaft position actuator solenoid valve to have them both replaced at the same time. It is very sluggish, losing speed on slightest incline. Try to accelerate, but jerks and lunges (sp?), in and out of passing gear, with RPM way too high. Takes 2 revolutions cranking to actually start the car at any point in the day, and runs rough. I have also been told that my now reoccurring P0299 code (after I replaced the entire turbo system dropping around $5k) that my catalytic converter is the problem now. I'm not spending that money ($1600-2000) until I get the camshaft/crankshaft issue solved. I'm tired of dumping $$$$$$$ on this piece of crap. I can't get rid of it right now, so I have to fix it in increments. And...GM/Cadillac is not any help AT ALL! They know the majority of 2010s are lemons, but will do nothing about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts