Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, beware, LOTS of photos within.

Roo Wagon + Dullahearse :)

I envy those wheels. :(

Now for the Lion Country Safari trip.... Craig, Matt, The Dullahan (Rob? We couldn't decide what to call our enigma of an Irishman :)) all piled into the wagon and headed out.

Continued....

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

This guy was giving us the People's Antler.

IT DOESN'T END IN FIVE OR ZERO!

We kept getting yelled at for rolling the windows down to take photos, but my tint is too dark so they wouldn't come out otherwise. We're rebels. Yeah.

Matt has a better rhino picture than me though...

LCS truck...

·
Registered
19,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

EPIC SWINGING MONKEY PHOTO!

So now we loaded up in Craig's (77CDV's) rental 2010 DTS and headed south to Davie, where we met up with Brizzal and his girlfriend and went to a MASSIVE car show! Absolutely amazing stuff.... The DTS was so comfortable that all 3 of us (Me, Matt, The Dullahan) fell asleep in the car while Craig drove on. It was like our dad had bailed us out of jail or something. :lol:

A Zimmer Quicksilver. It was amazing.

HUUUUGE dump truck.

Look at it tower over anything in its way. :)

CALLAWAY Corvette! WOOOOOOOO :D

Regal GS for Chad. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

AWESOME wagon with a power rear door. It was so awesome.

I love the SSR. I don't care what anybody says.

Craig and The Dullahan are hiding in this picture.

New post contains the MOST EPIC vehicle in the show!

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,695 Posts
Is that the car show that is in the parking lot of the Old Navy/Home Depot? I've been there...

Nice pics, Sting! Wish I could have been there.

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
Stingroo

You almost hit the police car in first pic! :D

·
Registered
19,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that's that car show, Jay. It was great. Brizzal pointed it out to us so we went. :)

I'll post more pics, including the BEST vehicle, later.

I got to drive the Dullahearse. I don't care what anyone says about a 307 powered car anymore. It was butter smooth, and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. Amazing machine.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
:hmm: Seems to be a dearth of pics. And considering Roo is the official Forums pic whore, that cannot stand. First, thanks to Ray (Stingroo) and Matt (greencadillacmatt, hereafter refered to as Michigan Matt for reasons of clarity which will become clear later) for conceiving and executing this get-together. Florida is exactly as I remembered it. :lol: Anyway, here's a few pics I took from the three days.

Michigan Matt (makes him sound like an Old West gunslinger) and Roo behold the awesomeness of the Dullahearse for the first time.

Rob (The Dullahan) thinks it's awesome, too.

On the way to Lion Country Safari.

The star attraction.

It's a shame they were behind an electrified fence, as there was a highly annoying Dodge Journey whose occupants were in need of devouring.

·
Registered
19,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SO TRUE!

Craig I promise I'll post more pics tomorrow. I have HUNDREDS to sort through.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
This fellow was quite the swinger.

Flamingos!

The rest of the time, they're silent.

Gators for ben.gators.

Group shot at LCS.

Oops, wrong group! Real group shot (from left, Rob, Matt, Ray, me).

Cadillac Fail at LCS.

:vomit:

Michigan Matt is modeling what all the fashionable Cadillac owners will be wearing this year.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I notice a severe lack of Chad.

Damnit, I wish I could have gone. :(

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
The Roo Wagon marks it's territory.

At the cruise-in in Davie. We think Rick (Night Wolf) may be stalking us.

Michigan Matt had a...regrettable encounter...with a fire ant hill, necessitating an emergency loss of footwear.

Fortunately, salvation was in sight (and it was AIR CONDITIONED, thank the deities!).

When Matt says he's a big guy, he's very serious.

That's a longboard he's standing on! OK, not really, but still....

The cruise-in proved to be a treasure trove of the forgotten and obscure. 1980 Toyota Cressida Brougham, in surprisingly good condition!

Toyota Starlett, also in a shockingly complete and solid state.

Some may remember this diminutive Chevyota from the late-1980s. I thought they'd all returned to their basic elements ages ago.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Speaking of Chad and Jesda, as if in an alternate universe....

Saturday, after the junkyard, we paid a visit to Ragtops Museum, where the cars are also for sale. It's housed in what used to be a Cadillac-LaSalle dealership, and the building is a joy to behold. So much detailing and elegance! You can really imagine the place in its heyday, displaying the latest in stylish LaSalles and exquisite eight, twelve, and sixteen cylinder Cadillac confections.

The main floor (what used to be the showroom).

Show me a dealership today with so grand a fireplace. Why you'd ever need a fireplace in Florida is wholly beside the point.

The old service bays.

In what used to be the upper floor vehicle storage area, Rob (The Dullahan) takes charge.

Florida Matt (Lupin) and his lovely lady, Karli, joined us on Saturday. Here we find him triumphant over a particularly viscious clutch of billiard balls.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
The gentleman who owns the place was kind enough to show us his banquet facility across the street, where patrons can dine and mingle amongst fine classic automobiles.

Rob, risking the wrath of his bitch goddess hearse, gives his heart to another.

An equally stunning 1967 Lincoln Continental Coupe.

A triple white 1975 Imperial Lebaron Coupe. The white leather seats were sooo soft-looking. Restore the chrome and stock wheels, and I'd rock it. You can rock it, too, for a mere $4750.

Alas, all good things must come to an end. This morning, I returned my rented DTS ($19.99/day! Thank you, Hotwire!) and boarded a plane for home. FWIW, DFW airport is AWESOME! Makes LAX look like a small-plane field in West Podunk, Back of Beyond. The only real advantage to flying is speed. Given time and choice, I'd rather drive. As long, of course, as I can drive cars like this.

It's good to be home. :cloud9:

·
Registered
19,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No you're coming to Sarasota in 2011. Or else.

:)

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Speaking of Chad and Jesda, as if in an alternate universe....

He does kinda look like me, but my hair is longer ( :eek: ) and it's not as dark. I don't recall Jesda having skin that dark either.

1 - 20 of 294 Posts