Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened earlier in the day too and seemed electric related so removed negative battery terminal for a few, reattached and it started right up

Then happened again a few hours later (ironically while returning from AdvanceAuto) and battery trick did nothing. All dash lights came on, but never started up again.

Codes are as follows if anyone knows what to do. I’ve done some reading but have gotten conflicting info.

Thanks for any help!

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would check the grounds under the battery box? its a known issue and a diy job
Thank you kind sir.

It was unfortunately towed by the cops before I got back to mess with it this morning (despite it being safely off the road with a note on it explaining my difficulties and that I’d be back in morning to fix it).

So, I had AAA bring it from the wrecking yard to a shop near me. But I’ll get a ride up there tomorrow and check the grounds.

Thanks again Tripwire!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would check the grounds under the battery box? its a known issue and a diy job
@Tripwire I don’t have a single wire or harness or ground point under my battery box and my service manual says nothing about this issue.

Could it possibly be under the fuse box instead? Although I couldn’t figure out how to remove it before it began pouring, and again the service manual was of no help.

There was something very strange yesterday when it stalled midway through a traffic circle. Once the two guys behind me helped me push it of the road and I popped the hood, and...

The resistors for my (expensive) aftermarket Morimoto HIDs were buzzing like a beehive, and my aftermarket KnuKonceptz multi-input positive battery terminal was hot enough to the touch to burn you, despite only driving maybe 3 miles and it never heating up before.

The car and my many aftermarket accessories are attached to a car audio battery Terminal to allow room for my two huge 0 gage amp wire connectors, HIDs, fogs and air horn. None of which fit on the factory terminal screw.

One if the battery mounted fuses appears cracked although he filament looks fine (300amps I think), replaced the wires directly to the posts (sans accessories) and she started right up. For a little at least. Then croaked again turning up my driveway.

Oh, and the HID resistor stops buzzing if I turn my auto headlights off too.

Any ideas? Anyone? Beuler???

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 Engine
242 Posts
Sure sounds like a ground issue somewhere and its trying to find its path any way it can. You have a lot of mods on this car which might not be helping you any............. i cant help you except provide some schematics? the electrical system in these things is a real bugger....😬

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Tripwire I don’t have a single wire or harness or ground point under my battery box and my service manual says nothing about this issue.

Could it possibly be under the fuse box instead? Although I couldn’t figure out how to remove it before it began pouring, and again the service manual was of no help.

There was something very strange yesterday when it stalled midway through a traffic circle. Once the two guys behind me helped me push it of the road and I popped the hood, and...

The resistors for my (expensive) aftermarket Morimoto HIDs were buzzing like a beehive, and my aftermarket KnuKonceptz multi-input positive battery terminal was hot enough to the touch to burn you, despite only driving maybe 3 miles and it never heating up before.

The car and my many aftermarket accessories are attached to a car audio battery Terminal to allow room for my two huge 0 gage amp wire connectors, HIDs, fogs and air horn. None of which fit on the factory terminal screw.

One if the battery mounted fuses appears cracked although he filament looks fine (300amps I think), replaced the wires directly to the posts (sans accessories) and she started right up. For a little at least. Then croaked again turning up my driveway.

Oh, and the HID resistor stops buzzing if I turn my auto headlights off too.

Any ideas? Anyone? Beuler???

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure sounds like a ground issue somewhere and its trying to find its path any way it can. You have a lot of mods on this car which might not be helping you any............. i cant help you except provide some schematics? the electrical system in these things is a real bugger....
Are they the same crappy black and white ones I can hardly read that came in my $10 eBay PDF service manual? Maybe not...yes pretty please?

I could loose the air horns. Guess I could also splice the fogs into parking or head lights instead of the battery...although then I’d lose the ability to turn them on and off as needed or use them as DRLs, and my next tiny project was to take apart the piece of junk fog remote switch that’s two-sided taped to my dash and attempt to somehow patch it into the factory headlight switch I bought with the fogs button that mine didn’t come with...for a cleaner factory-like install.

Then there’s maybe installing a second battery in the back for amps and other such nonsense.

Assuming my accessories are even what’s causing the car to die at will.

How would a professional quickly locate the short or bad ground?

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
636 Posts
To let current return to its source,(DC).
Separate wires are required for each accessory but, several accessories can be bunched into a single ground, so therefore, a single ground can cause several malfunctions.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
636 Posts
All my aftermarket things have their own relays and capacitors. I think is a factory thing. Maybe I bough the wrong agm battery

I edited response, chech again.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I edited response, chech again.
Ahhh. Now that makes perfect sense. So what, each device should be ground to different part of the vehicle or I need some sort of shielded grounding block or terminal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts