Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question, just noticed that when Navigation announces a turn, the radio volume does not lower. In my escalade, it does. I had the Radio replaced a few months ago under CPO, just wondering if someone can check this out or if there is a setting am not aware of. Another weird thing I noticed is the new Radio has a tab for Rear Entertainment ( which my truck does not have ).:suspense:

Thanks

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
From the manual:

Voice Guidance
To adjust the volume of voice
guidance prompts:
1. Press the CONFIG control
button to enter the menu
features. Turn the MENU/
SELECT knob until Nav
displays. Press the MENU/
SELECT knob to select Nav
or press the Nav screen button
to display more options within
that feature.
2. Press the Voice Prompt screen
button.
3. Press the Voice Volume screen
button.
4. Press + or – to increase or to
decrease the volume of the
voice prompts.
See “Voice Volume ” under
Configure Menu on page 71.

Here's a link to an online manual:
https://www.cadillac.com/content/dam/Cadillac/Global/master/nscwebsite/en/home/Owners/Manuals_and_Videos/01_images/2011-cadillac-srx-navigation-system-guide.pdf

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem is not with the NAV volume. Another quick and easy way to adjust it is while it is announcing directions, just raise or lower the volume, it will stay at that setting. Also, if you are navigating, and just driving along on a straight path, hit the RPT button on the Radio, it will announce the last turn or set of instructions. While it is doing that, just adjust the volume.

Back to my dilemma, the radio volume does n o t lower when it is announcing directions. They must have messed something up when they replaced the Radio for the DC stuff.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did another test, if the radio volume is low, you will not notice much of a difference n volume of the music when Nav is speaking, however if I have the music much louder, it will lower the volume of the radio. I wonder if it is affected by the auto volume setting.... will test with this off also...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts