Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've recently been having some electrical issues with my truck. After a long drive the battery will be drained. I recently took a trip around 80 miles ( just over an hour drive ) I was at my destination for about 2 hrs. When I got back, it started right up and I started getting a bunch of service lights ( Brake lights, traction control, & engine ) I got confused and turned the engine off to restart it and it wouldn't turn back on. There was still power though! I got Mall security to give me a boost and it didn't work. Im super nervous, the car is in great shape I've been dealing with these faulty electrical problems for a few months now . I have replaced the battery two times in the last two months, and it only seems to solve the problem temporarily. Any advice would be helpful, Thank you!

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV, 2018 Escalade
730 Posts
Have you checked your charging system? Also clean the grounds. Battery cables might visibly look good but are known to be bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked your charging system? Also clean the grounds. Battery cables might visibly look good but are known to be bad.
Yes! I took it to my dealer, they had it for 6 days. They told me that my heated seats needed a software update. ( The heated seats didn't work before ) Thinking that my issues were solved, I picked my car up and took it to be cleaned. I was away from the dealer no more than 30 minutes ( The seats still didn't heat up ) and my oil light came on saying " Oil Pressure Low, Shut Off Engine." I took it back to the dealer, and now they're saying that the Oil Pressure Sending Unit is gone. I've just replaced the Oil Pressure Sensor on the 1st of January. I feel that none of this is making sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts