Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 cts
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the fronts replaced and have connections at private shop who will replace them both for $550. Caddy quote me 1300-1500 for same work. I am getting Monroe lifetime shocks at private shop, would you guys go private or dealership? I don't have warranty and this is out of pocket.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I need the fronts replaced and have connections at private shop who will replace them both for $550. Caddy quote me 1300-1500 for same work. I am getting Monroe lifetime shocks at private shop, would you guys go private or dealership? I don't have warranty and this is out of pocket.
Does your truck have the luxury collection package? Are your shocks magnetic or just the road sensing electric shocks? The dealer would be putting one of those two choice on I am guessing, and those shocks are way more money than just Monroe shocks. The Monroe shocks will work but they will not give you real time damping like the stock shocks do/did, you may or may not get an error message if you switch out from the stock shocks, that said you would need to hit the reset after starting the truck each time, not a big for the price difference, our shop sometimes does this for customers wanting to save some money

·
Registered
2008 cts
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does your truck have the luxury collection package? Are your shocks magnetic or just the road sensing electric shocks?
Just did research and yes they are the electronic shocks, price went up and I will find out tomorrow what it will be. It will be cheaper than dealer though

·
Registered
07 Escalade ESV
16 Posts
I installed arnott/bistein shocks front and rear. Handling was dramtic improvement over stock, a little more firm feeling, but well worth it with less body roll and float. I'm heavy footed, so it works a lot better for the way I drive, factory was a little too "plush" for my taste. Those 45 series tires handle the road pretty well, if the suspension is up for it. I paid $410 for the pair (front) and installed both front and rear shocks myself in about 2 hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts