Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Customer Help Desk,
I am the third owner to a beautiful 2010 cts4 premium cadillac. I purchased it in October of 2014 from a local Honda dealer with 42,000 miles on it. Currently I have 49600 on the car. Since I owned it I had to put in a throttle body unit as it failed to allow me to drive safely. That costed me 750.00 from a local AC Delco authorized car repair facility. Recently I developed what the mechanics say is a bad rear bearing and they suggest that I change both at the same time. This again us going to cost about 700.00 pending no other parts needed. My question to you at Cadillac GM, are these bearings covered under GM drive train warranty as the current owner? I sold my prior Honda Ridgeline with 215,000 m8les on it. The only repairs on that vehicle were 1 set of brakes and tires at 95,000 miles. Everything else was original. I sold it because I always wanted a Cadillac and hoped purchasing a car with low mileage and Fanastic shape would be worry free. I hope to keep this car for a long time and not go back to Honda again. So, is there hope I can bring my CTS to Cadillac, with your authorization to have these wheel bearings replaced free. Please contact at [email protected]. Thank you, Ken

·
Registered
2010 CTS Wagon 3.0 RWD
31 Posts
I just had the front driver side wheel bearing go on my 2010 Wagon. I can confirm that the GM certified pre-owned powertrain warranty does cover wheel bearings. However the original new car powertrain warranty does not.

I don't see any benefit in replacing both sides when only one side is bad. You are not getting any sort of discount by replacing both. These aren't like brakes & tires that should always be replaced in sets. Just replace the one and call it a day.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-4, Sedan,Tuscan Bronze
388 Posts
I agree with JerseyMark. Also if your repair facility is recommending this I would look for a new facility.

·
Registered
2010 CTS 3.6 RWD Sport Wagon (traded in for a 2011 Lexus LS460 on 12/20/17)
321 Posts
Yes, absolutely pointless to replace a wheel bearing before it goes. It could last another 50k miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts