Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When looking online for stock cross rails for my wagon, the GM parts bin has them. One the page however there is other hardware they say is required. Fisrt, here is the link to the cross rails.

Then in "DIagram and Kits" it points to carrier side rails, here. Item 5 and others.

After looking at other posts and how to's I'm seeing people say all you need is the cross rails and then to remove the plastic insert that currently runs the length of the car on either side, then the cross rails slot into place.

My question is, am I missing something? If its not a stock cross rail car do I need the carrier rails? Below the plastic on my car looks just like what they describe the cross rails slide into.

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
2,655 Posts
Ditto what DW said. I have a Thule kit on mine that I modified to match up decently with the factory system.

Last I knew the rails were not available so I would be surprised if you are able to actually get them.

Rodney

·
Vendor
2019 Silverado LD | Blacked Out
91 Posts
Not as widespread of a part ... but they are available... sometimes...lol

I can get you guys a set if you would like... shoot me PM

·
Vendor
91 Posts
Got a set in front of me.... ONE set... that is it.

PM me.. Brand new in box- Gm accessory installations and all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A quick google shows them all over GM parts bin. Most are directed through dealerships. See the links below. Am I missing something
Ditto what DW said. I have a Thule kit on mine that I modified to match up decently with the factory system.

Last I knew the rails were not available so I would be surprised if you are able to actually get them.

Rodney
A quick google shows them all over GM parts bin. See the links below. Am I missing something. They say they fit the second gen wagons.

·
Vendor
91 Posts
Yes...but doesn't mean available.

Very hard to snag up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts