Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today,

I got the info on the 2010 CTS-V... There is gonig to be a 2 piece performance brake rotor package, Wood Trim Package added..

the colors are going to be changed to new paint codes...

When I have some time I will post some things on it..

Price increase I am hearing of $2900.00 for starters..

Get your 2009 CTS-V..

·
Registered
None
143 Posts
Today,

I got the info on the 2010 CTS-V... There is gonig to be a 2 piece performance brake rotor package, Wood Trim Package added..

the colors are going to be changed to new paint codes...

When I have some time I will post some things on it..

Price increase I am hearing of $2900.00 for starters..

Get your 2009 CTS-V..
I wish the would put the Cyber Grey Metallic on the V, that would be sweet.

Is it official that the CTS Coupe is being moved to MY2011?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Scott and Tony, you guys are great and I am thankful that both of you are so willing to help out the forum members and provide information freely.

But, honestly it makes me sad to see a company that is on the verge of having to declare bankruptcy in an economy that’s going to crap, think the answer to their problems is to charge MORE for their already overpriced cars.

My house is worth about 30% less than I paid for it a few years ago and unfortunately my company is relocating me. Using common sense and looking at the current market I will have to sell it for less if I am going to sell it at all. If my house is worth less and my used 2003 Avalanche is worth next to nothing on a trade in because of market conditions, how is it that GM can't see that there is not a large market ready to shell out a premium on a luxury item like a car? I understand that the average person is not who is this car is targeted for, but look at cars that historically held their resell value high like BMW's and Mercedes Benz and these cars, just a few years old, are selling for half what people paid for them. On top of that BMW (not sure about MB) has stated no price increases for 2010.

My point on this is that GM still does not get it. If your about to go bankrupt and your sales numbers are half what they were in recent years it amazes me that the answer GM comes up with is to raise the price of their cars.

I love the first gen V's and am in a position to buy a 2009 or 2010 and completely understand what your getting for the price, but I will hold out until I can get GMS with 0% for 60 months. This may never happen but with a company doing anything they can to get by I am plenty patient.

Again guys this is more a rant to GM and not to the great work you do on these boards.

Dennis

·
Registered
Cadillac
145 Posts
If they are not going to have a good lease incentive I would like to see zero percent for 60 months as well!

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
Its hard not to raise prices. The cost of raw materials is rapidly increasing, especially under uncertain times like now.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
I know the car seems overpriced to some like the poster a few above me, but people who think that are not considering the entire market. The CTS-V is a STEAL compared to the intended competition. Sure, not cheap, but compared to an M5 or XF-R or E63, relatively cheap. GM took a leaf from Japanese makes like Acura, who make their money from people like me who can afford more but go for the best bang for the buck.

Thanks for the information yet again, Scott! I'm glad I got in on the V at the time I did.

I'm sure the performance brake package can be retrofitted to the 2009s for those interested.

·
Registered
Cadillac
315 Posts
Reality check. It is amazing that anyone can think the V at $65K or $3 k more is overpriced. or that GM has balls to raise the price. I traded an 06 M5 with a $98 MSRP on it. Before that I had a XLR-V with a $100,000 MSRP. The CTS-V is a much better car than both (you could argue the paint and some interior aspects of the M are better)

I paid $63K for the V 4 months ago and felt like I stole it. If you can buy virtually the world's fastest sedan with many luxury perks at anything under $80ish K you are getting a steal no matter what your house may be worth . This car is as fast and a lot more comfortable than my 06 Viper. It is nuts that you can get a car with this kind of luxury/performance for the price.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2010 NEW FEATURES
• New exterior and interior color codes
––Exterior color (17U) Radiant Silver changes to code (GAN)
––Exterior color (30U) Thunder Gray ChromaFlair changes to code (GLH)
––Exterior color (41U) Black Raven changes to code (GBA)
––Exterior color (89U) Crystal Red Tintcoat changes to code (GBE)
––Exterior color (96U) Blue Diamond Tricoat changes to code (GBO)
––Exterior color (98U) White Diamond Tricoat changes to code (GBN)
––Interior color (195) Ebony with Ebony interior accents changes to (AFF)
––Interior color (315) Ebony with Cashmere seat inserts changes to (AFG)
––Interior color (845) Light Titanium with Ebony interior accents changes to (AFH)
• (K14) Automatic cabin odor air filtration system
• (3AS) Wood Trim Package; real Midnight Sapele wood on instrument panel, center
console and door trim

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HOME
®
• (N45) Sueded steering wheel rim and (KA3) sueded shift knob RPO
codes change to (53F)
• (UJ6) Tire Pressure Monitor RPO code changes to (UJM)
• (T96) Fog lamps RPO code changes to (T3U)
• (TT6) Xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps RPO code changes to (T4F)
PAGE 1 OF 1
CHANGES FROM 2009

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
• (UAV) Audio system with navigation
• (W2E) Recaro performance seats; include (KB6) heated/ventilated driver
and front passenger seats
• (53F) Sueded steering wheel rim and sueded shift knob
• (C3U) Power sunroof
• (3AS) Real Sapele Midnight wood trim on instrument panel, center
console and door trim
• (P80) 19" x 9" front, 19" x 9.5" rear polished wheels
• (J63) Competition brakes with 2-piece rotors
PAGE 1 OF 1
SELECT AVAILABLE FEATURES

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there you have it first guys the 2010 CTS-V Changes..

I am starting a list for you that want to be the first to get one.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
Hey Scott, any news on that diff cooler ??? - I'd love to see that thing in action - even that extra weight on the rear end would be beneficial in launching !

·
Registered
Ordered CTS V - ordered 03/13 delivered 06/24!
405 Posts
My dealer gave me the price of the European spec diff cooler installed. It was $7,000 Cdn!! Ouch!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
95 Posts
Is a rear camera included with the Navigation package in 2010?
It would be crazy to not include a rear camera when the new CTS Wagon, new SRX, and CTS Coupe all have rear cameras and the exact same Navigation system.

·
Registered
NONE
451 Posts
Hey Scott, any news on that diff cooler ??? - I'd love to see that thing in action - even that extra weight on the rear end would be beneficial in launching !
I talked to Luke at Lindsay when I purchased my V. He found the diff cooler in the SPO catalog, part number, price (near $3000), and everything. He just couldn't actually order it.

jas

·
Registered
2009 Escalade ESV Platinum 2009 CTS V on order
5 Posts
I agree that the car is worth the price of admission. The diff cooler would be a good thing.. no way for this to happen? Will the Wi-Fi option be available?
When does the model year change so that when i order I get the 2010 model? My sales people here in northern Cnanada don't seem to be clued into things. Are the 2 piece rotors going tp be available in colour? Cashmere inserts in the ebony seats - for the Recarro seats & in suede? Love the wood trim option.

·
Registered
655 Posts
So they're not actually changing any colors, just the option codes for them? Damn, I was hoping for a lighter blue, or whatever that gorgeous gold/bronze color is that they put on the base CTS.

As for the price increase, we're nearly ten years (yikes, that long?) down the road from the day I wrote a check for $73K (being damn lucky to get it for MSRP) for my E39 M5. Still got it, still like it a lot, but it's hard to argue that the CTS-V isn't a whole lot more car.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,192 Posts
...But, honestly it makes me sad to see a company that is on the verge of having to declare bankruptcy in an economy that’s going to crap, think the answer to their problems is to charge MORE for their already overpriced cars.

The V2 is underpriced...

When they get a good leasing program online (I don't think that can happen before 6/1) the $2,900 increase probably won't hurt all that much - lets see what the residual is...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts