Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2010 CTS-V + 2010 MB E350 vs 2010 MB E63

• 2010 CTS-V + 2010 MB E350

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • 2010 MB E63

Votes: 3 33.3%
2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  shchow 
#1 ·
So heres the thing I currently have a E350 and was plannin on gettin a CTS-V as well when I got home from deployment but I am really diggin the E63 too. If I get the E63, I'll trade in the E350 and I'll have to wait like another year and a half to get the V. I know this is a biased board but I posted the question over on the mb forum too. Just wanted to get yalls' opinion.

#3 ·
Let me take a wild guess here...the poll will avalanche in the CTS-V's favor on THIS forum...and will be the opposite on the MBZ forum.

Doesn't take a genius to figure what the results will be.

Drive both, inspect both and you'll know instantly which one is "worth it" to you, whichever one that may be.

#5 ·
Do you actually need two cars, especially two similar sized sedan at that?

Cars are depreciating assets, unless I absolute need two cars I would trade in the E350 whether I end up getting the V or the E63. There are good reasons to have two cars though.

Say you wanna mod the hack out of the V and keep the mileage low, or your E350 is a 4matic and you want AWD for winter, or you want to have one stick and one auto.

Do you want a manual 6spd gearbox?

V is your only option. If you prefer automatic, the transmission on E63 is more advanced.

Do you prefer Supercharger, turbo or NA engine?

Current E63 of course has the beautiful 6.2L V8. In a year or two that will be replaced with a twin turbo V8. Typically with AMG cars, the 2010 E63 will depreciate quite a bit by then. You will take a big hit if you want to upgrade then.

#6 · (Edited)
I debated this point with myself 6 months ago.
E63 has a slightly better steering feel, IMHO. The MCT tranny is also better than the auto in the Caddy. And better exterior finish, with more cache.
But the LSD is an option (if you can believe that for >500hp car) for almost $9k.
Minimal options and you're still pushing 100k.
However, right now people are getting 20k off MSRP 2010 MY E63, which means you can get one 75-85k.
Fully optioned Caddy is around 70k, and you can get it for around 65k.
Food for thought...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.