Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS 4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my radio has randomly started switching between sources (cd/aux/radio) while driving. It seems to be an issue more often when hitting a bump or applying the brakes which makes me think it is a loose wire? I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue before I take the radio out start checking each wire... doesn't look like it's a simple process in these cars!

I have a 2010 CTS4 base model so this is just the simple radio. I'm hoping I can figure out a temporary solution at least until its warmer out to work on the car. Thanks.

·
Registered
2010 CTS 4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seems like the warmth may be the solution. On warm days now the issue goes away, and once the car warms up a bit it also seems to go away. Must be an issue with a soldered connection expanding enough in the warm weather? I'm hoping thats something I can fix by taking the radio out myself without taking the radio itself apart.

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
^ Karc, it's possible the problem you're facing is being caused by the SRCE (Source) button that's mounted on the steering wheel, or the wiring within the steering wheel/column that feeds that button. I'd be looking at that before digging the radio unit out of the center stack.

·
Registered
2010 CTS 4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah good idea, didn't think of that! I'll definitely check that out first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts