Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
CTS Wagon Premium
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not having any luck finding where the camshaft sensor is on a 2010 CTS 3.6. Can someone please inform me where it is and how hard it is to replace? Please and Thank You!

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,171 Posts
Re: 2010 cadillac cts camshaft position sensor

If I remember, I can check it out on Monday on my alldata.

·
Registered
CTS Wagon Premium
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I swapped all 4 sensors and it was pretty easy. The check engine light went off after I reconnected the battery but after driving for a while it came back on. Any suggestions on what it could be? It's still saying camshaft position sensor.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 LY7
285 Posts

Can you confirm the actual DTC code(s)? There are a number of codes related to the camshaft position sensors ex: 'CMP system slow response', 'CMP System Performance', 'CMP actuator open/low/high', 'CKP/CMP correlation', etc. Different issues can trigger these, may not be as simple as just a failed sensor.

·
Registered
CTS Wagon Premium
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a P017 crank/camshaft position sensor and P0008/9 engine position performance codes

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 LY7
285 Posts

...unfortunately this may be a timing chain or crankshaft position sensor (CKP) issue. Sadly it's rather common, you can search this forum for many references. Check your oil level.

·
Registered
CTS Wagon Premium
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just great! Thanks for the info. I called the dealership because I read some Cadillacs with this issue may have an extended warranty but my year was not eligible. I'm just upset because I only have 67000 miles on it! I'll be taking it in to see if it's the timing chain or not. Hopefully it isn't!

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,171 Posts

I don't recall any 2010 Caddys with the timing chain issue, unless you had a real early model year build date using leftover parts.

·
Registered
CTS
1,882 Posts

...unfortunately this may be a timing chain or crankshaft position sensor (CKP) issue. Sadly it's rather common, you can search this forum for many references. Check your oil level.
Most likely being a LLT. Not many get much past 50-70k miles w/out needing it replaced.

We have a special going on right now, $1200 for all chains, tensioners, guides replaced with the latest version parts and labor out the door.

In FL. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
CTS Wagon Premium
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got my 2010 cts wagon back from the dealership for diagnostic and I need the timing chain replaced! $2600!!

·
Registered
14,171 Posts

Reread the post just before your last post. Less than half price in Tampa area. Take a drive, drop off your car, enjoy the beaches, suck down some cold ones, have some hootchie cootchie time with your woman and have a safe, secure drive home.

·
Registered
CTS Wagon Premium
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish I could drive down and get it done! I could use the vacation! I'm going to call around to a few good shops locally and see if I can get a better price. I'll let you guys know how things work out or if I will be posting in the XTS section.

·
Registered
CTS Wagon Premium
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone know of a good brand timing chain kit to purchase? There is a Cloyes kit that's 425.06. Is this brand to buy? Also, does any one know if the kits come with everything you will need? I already have the camshaft sensors.

·
Registered
CTS Wagon Premium
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just want to give a huge shout out to GM/Cadillac on providing excellent customer service. I contacted GM customer support about the timing chain issue for my car. They gave me the best deal they could give for someone that has low miles on a 2010 CTS wagon but is out of warranty. I got my car fixed on my birthday and the price I had to pay to get it fixed was one hell of a birthday present! My car is back to full power again. Thanks CADILLAC!!

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
Glad you gave credit where credit is due. Too many folks post up their complaints and never post up their good results. Glad this was taken care of.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,478 Posts
Note that the post you reference - and this thread - is 5 years old. Perhaps his picture hosting site has gone down or he has removed the attachments.

Welcome to CF !!!

Google "cadillac forums 2010 cts camshaft position sensor" and see what turns up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts