Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 cts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im buying a 2010 cts 3.0 this friday anything you guys can tell me about it ? is there any exhaust systems available for it ? opinions on the new 3.0 engine any info is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
2010 CTS4
58 Posts
I have the 3.0L in my 2010 CTS AWD and like it fine. When I want to go faster I just push down more with my right foot, and after all, it's only 30 less ponies. I have 24.2 mpg on the DIC after 2500 miles since the last reset, but I know the 3.6L is going to get about the same. I have been on this forum for about 10 months now and have not read about a common engine problem with the 3.0L. I saved some money on the base motor when I bought the car new, but I'm sure that I will take a hit for it at trade-in time. I think a bigger consideration than engine size would be AWD, or not. It was for me, and I didn't even think about RWD. This car (with snow tires) is a snowmobile.

·
Registered
2010 cts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya id definetly like awd but so far there very hard to find and when i do find one there 5 grand more and im mainly on the main roads which get plowd pretty quick were i live. Iv heard the rwd with winter tires and some sand bags/water softner bags in the trunk work wonders

·
Registered
14 CTS Vsport Black Tricoat/black, 16 Escalade Premium Lux Gray on Kona.
544 Posts
Only 30 less ponies? lol...

The 3.0 is decent at economy, but it's SLOW. Way more than the 30hp suggests. It's torque is down there in 4 cylinder zone. If you wanted performance I would have went with a 3.6 or V...

·
Registered
2010 CTS4
58 Posts
Isn't the 3.0L preformance at 90% the same as a 3.6L at about 70%? My point is, that until both engines are at WOT, can't I keep up with a bigger motor car by simply giving my smaller motor car more gas. And honestly, how often is anybody at WOT? I'll bet that at $5.00 a gallon for gas, it'll soon be less often than it used to be. Besides, if I wanted a car that could melt the tires off, I woundn't have bought any Cadillac, including the V. I would have bought another GM product called the Corvette.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
I went from the 3.6 to the3.0 and to be honest I don't feel that much difference.Keep in mind that the real horsepower and torque differences occur outside of the normal RPM range so you are not likely to feel a real difference until you really increase your RPMs. I like to accelerate briskly but then I know this is a Cadillac and if I really wanted to go fast I'd buy a V. One common problem I have seen is that on the 3.0 the electronic throttle does not seem to be set from the factory. If you read the "battery" section of the manual you will see a very simple procedure to reset the throttle and as a result you will dramatically increase both seat of the pants feel in engine and torque.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts