Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To engage the launch control system, the driver puts the traction control into competitive mode and then pushes the gas pedal to the floor. The system will hold a predetermined RPM based on which engine you have (LS3/LS7/LS9). When the driver quickly releases the clutch, the launch control modulates engine torque 100 times per second to get the best traction.

GM's testing of the system found that just about any driver can achieve very consistent times on par with that of a skilled driver's best efforts.

The best news is that use of the launch control system will not void your warranty - an obvious reference to Nissan's GT-R that until recently had a policy of voiding warranties if the car broke while using their version of launch control. Tadge mentioned this fact several times to the delight of the audience.
http://www.corvetteblogger.com/index.cfm/2009/4/26/VIDEO-The-2010-Corvettes-Launch-Control-System-Explained

·
Registered
2006 Raven CTS-V
1,245 Posts
The best news is that use of the launch control system will not void your warranty - an obvious reference to Nissan's GT-R
:eek:snap:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all.. What U kno about P-FUNK??? :D

Second.. OH SNAP is right. The new 2010 Corvette has some serious niceties that almost had me considering trading in my '08 Z51 for one.. Then I thought.. "Why not wait and get a C7 in about 3 years (if Obama doesn't kill all performance by then:helpless:)which will more than likely debut the Gen V Direct-Injected V8?"

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Yessssssss......

Now someone find out how to unlock this in our Vs. Um, Jesse? :D

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Duh, I missed that. Thank you!

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
THAT is a great video. I particularly loved the demo of the various launches, and the geek analysis of each of them.

Dammit, GM has to survive simply because of this type of stuff. Simply awesome.

·
Registered
NONE
140 Posts
Didn't they say in the brief that the 2010 vette system was based on the system already in the '09 CTS-V? I have to admit that I haven't tried it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts